Migrate orders+customers from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.0.11

HI Guys.

I tried to upgrade my old shop (version 1.6.0.9), but since I have made some many custom code for it, it wouldn't upgrade.

So I have made a fresh new installation (version 1.6.0.11) and moved my theme and products over to the new shop, and its working fine.

But how do I move my orders + customers to my new shop?? I really need your help!

I have a basic understanding of mysql, if that helps.

Do not go play around in your MySQL, I think this will eventually end up in a ruined website as most informations are stored in mutliple tables.

The best way to migrate customers from older version to newer version is by exporting a .csv document from within the backend.

Go to your backend of your older PrestaShop --> clients.

In here you see the whole list of clients you gathered.

On the same height where you can see a digit telling you how many clients you have in total you will see a couple of grey buttons on the right side.

The second button (white arrow pointing out to the right) means exporting, click it and save this .csv file.

Now go to your newer PrestaShop installation backend --> clients.

Now click the third small button (a cloud with a white arrow pointing upwards) to import this very same .csv file you exported earlier.

This will import your clients / customers.

Now for the orders that has been placed in the past, this will be a lot more trickier then the first one.

Yes you can export them the same way as you did wih your customers. But you can not import them.

You can also export it to a sql query which eventually you can use again in your new MySQL database. This you can do by pressing the fourth small button (4 discs) "export to SQL manager". Here you can also see which tables are being used for orders. It might be a good way to copy these tables and transplant them inside your new MySQL database.

Loads of work, but it will do the trick.

If you are not sure how to do these things, or if you are scared to ruin your website then take a look at this website:

http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/

They can help you migrate these informations to your newer PS.

Good luck.

Edited by helldog2004 (see edit history)

Is the database structure different between 1.6.0.9 and 1.6.0.11?

If it is the same wouldn't just making the fresh install use the previous store's database work here?

I'm actually in the same boat -- I use 1.6.0.9 and I've made core file changes and am contemplating how to best upgrade in the future.