Adding a category to homepage (in addition to Home Featured)

• 2 weeks later...
I am not using this module at all. http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/3577/. I told google-friend that he can use this module and install it 4 times and it will do the job. But anyways, in general, you need to completely rename the module. Give a new name to each one of them. For example:name the 1st module folder test one, and the second one test two…… And give the same name to the .php files insides the module folders. And search the .php file and rename all of the terms that are using the old module name. It will do it. Again, I am not using this module, I really do not know how it works. I got a lot of people PM me about how to modify modules. I think the best way is ask the creators of the modules for instructions as all of the modules work differently.

I just wanted to add that you'll have to change every reference in .php files including those including "_" (i.e. home_product)

hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Hey Chicken.

I'm just trying to get multiple versions of this module working and I've got two on my home page, but instead of displaying seperately, they are combined as though its one module displaying products from two different categories, instead of two modules displaying seperately.

How did you get around this problem?

I'm working on it locally so I can't post a link.

Basically, I want to have multiple featured product modules on my home page, each for a different category. I downloaded the module in the link above and duplicated it, changing the name and other information in the php file. When I install multiple instances of the module with different names, they both display, but they display together. So instead of having two modules displaying 4 products each. I have one module displaying 8 products.

I'd advise to double check the php's and make sure they're not calling the same module.

Also, try going to the back office > module

and config the modules "iWD | Products v1.0" and make sure they're referencing different categories.

If all fails, then I'd suggest reinstalling the modules and starting from scratch (it took me 2-3 tries before getting it right)

Tried all of that and couldn't seem to resolve the issue. Decided to just have four of the modules at the same time and not have which category they're from being displayed. It was the title for each module that was messing up anyway. couldn't fix it with css, but it's looking good anyway with how I have it now. Thanks for the help though!