WARNING - Bundle pack content module with discounts Premium - SHOULD BE REMOVED BOTH AS MODULE /DEV

rfourt

I have been trying to contact Prestashop about this developer and module but not recieved any answer yet. And now after spending over 50hours on this module and over 20 emails to the developer i have to Warn and really let other people know about this Developers lack of support and also let Prestashop know that they really have to take this module away from there addons - cataloge as this module is not working at all.

Here is an old post from october and as you can see there are other customers who is not getting the support needed and not working for them either,

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/304543-module-pack-content-premium-10-by-odea/?hl=%2Bbundle+%2Bpack+%2Bcontent+%2Bmodule&do=findComment&comment=1578559

Let me tell you the real deal about this module.

I first bought this module in the summer of 2014.

Tried it on the demopage and as you all know its hard to see all the features and everything you need to test on the demopages as they are most of the time either not accessable or really slow, and also you dont know really how the module work untill you install it on your own site and test all the features.

I emediatly discovered that the module didnt even find any products and the search field for the products you want to add to your pack didnt work.

I contacted the developer and got an answer after 1 week. He sent me an updated file and also updated the file on prestashop Addons page.

All was good i could now start to modify the module ........ .. .. or............ NOPE!

The module where now displaying the pack product as the main product picture and the "show more" feature didnt work. just displaying an red error text-.

I contacted the developer and never got an answer. As we are building a huge site i had to start working on other stuff within the website and after 3months i got back to workin on this module as it was the only feature left in our webshop.

WOW i got an answer from the developer this time and he got access to our FTP and admin and after a couple of hours he fixed the errors.

I asked what he had done and told me he had to hackt he module and told me not to update it in the future. ( DONT YOU HATE THESE MESSGES) wtf.. its not like you as a store owner only have one module to keep track on. owell it was better than nothing so i thanked him and it took only one hour before i noticed the other bugs.

As you perhaps dont know this module allows you to add products to a product with combinations as Default prestashop dosnt support this :(

So one of the biggest bugs i discovered now was.

If you buy your product with the included packproduct and you go into your cart and want to add more of the pack product its not possible.. The module freaks out and you either get an big error message or its simple just hangs the entire page.

We have worked around this problem now by adding a dublicated product that are invisable but this now ends the real reason we first bought this product to keep track of the Stock of these products.

And just now when i where fiddling around with the module configuration i noticed that the first bug that shows the packageproduct image instead of the real product image is displayed as main product image i get F"#""##"!#ing fedd up with this.

I should also meantion i have been trying to contact the developer without success for over 4 weeks now, both through prestashop support page and Skype.

So reason for this post is to warn other users with the same need of adding package products with the feature of keeping the combinations feature. TO NOT buy this module or any of the other 2 versions he sells.

But mainly also to let Prestashop moderators know of this unprofessional developer and either erease his modules that he scams customers with and also perhaps make it even harder for developers to be displayed on the "Addons page" im thinking more like "Apple Apstore/iTunes"  all apps/modules are really tested before they are published to customers. 

I know there would be alot of work for this and take long time but Prestashop would get a better reputation than it has now as i think many customers are very novice and dont understand its not Prestashops fault, but in theory it gets Prestashops false because modules displayed in the Addons page gives the customer a feeling that they are tested and aproved by prestashop.

owell i have to now find another module that does this and it now seems that there are atleast 2 other modules that does this.

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/administration-tools-prestashop-modules/18474-custom-product-packs-with-attribute-combinations.html

and 

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/merchandising-prestashop-modules/1015-advanced-pack-5-create-bundles-of-products.html

owell over and out. very 50hours later frustrated.
Thinkin of sending the developer an invoice for these lost hours that i cannot invoice my client. 

And the worst of it all. the Developer dosnt answer. :( 

• Like 1

Hi rfourt,

I'm very sorry to read that story! our first goal is to ensure that all our users got a support service if they ask for it. In your case. I understand that the developer fixed your bugs once, but have you directly asked for a refund? 

I'd like you to post me your Addons order number so I can check all the messages and try to get the developer to privide you the support you deserve. 

Thanks! 

Hello Samyha!

THanks for reply.
although i have allready been aproved the refund and will not use the module any more.

I can understand that it may be hard to get your module to work with every shopowners different installments and variations of versions and other modules that can bug things up, but to not answer your clients is the only thing that can help you if you have some rather buggy product.

I would have been fine if responstime was sufficent but 3 weeks without a single word is just to much and many others like me just solves it in another way.

COMMUNICATION IS ALWAYS KEY!

I and many others like me who bought this module say they would have even been fine with paying the developer to customize or fix the bugs but without any communications it just feels like that the developer took ure money and ran away even though its litlebit to litle money to even run very far its very bad method of handling ure customers.

So now im gladly paying ten times more to get a module that i know have good communications with the developers, even if it is full of bugs communication is key. :)
http://addons.prestashop.com/en/merchandising-prestashop-modules/1015-advanced-pack-5-create-bundles-of-products.html

Hello,

I totally understand your feelings, which are entirely justified. However, the first step for any customer if he's running into any issue with a module developped by a developer of the community, is to contacty him first. We can't fix a bug from a module our team didn't develop, and we can't process to any refund if we don't see first that the developer didn't answer you or provided support. If this is the case, then we advise you to contact us and he will take the next step by contacting the developer ourselves and remind him that one of his duty is to provide a customer support, or if he can't fix the bug, to refund the module.

This is absolutely not our goal to complicate things for our users, but in order to provide the best support as possible, users must follow these procedures :). This way we can see more easily where the problem comes from.

I'm happy that your issue is solved anyways. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any question, I'd be glad to help.

Have a nice week-end!