Custom Theme delete or change product.name TRUNCATE doesn't work

Hello all, I've been trying to delete the truncate function from leo game gear theme since yesterday but I cain't get it to work?

It seems like this function isn't in my product-list.tpl ou product tpl, so I look around in my files and I've found on /themes/themename/modules/leomanagewidgets/views/widgets/widget_products.tpl

<div class="right-block">
                        <h5 itemprop="name" class="name">
                            {if isset($product.pack_quantity) && $product.pack_quantity}{$product.pack_quantity|intval|cat:' x '}{/if}
                            <a class="product-name" href="{$product.link|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{$product.name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" itemprop="url" >
                                {$product.name |truncate: 45:'...'|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}
                        </a>
                        </h5>

I deleted it, changed values to 150, force compile, cleared cache, and spent the night going crazy on it, nothing helped!

I would like to see my product titles in full lengh you can see it ins't here : http://screencast.com/t/XhUB8EXLFa

What is the solution to this problem ?

Thanks ahead David

Edited by David Dotou (see edit history)

Are you sure you edited the right place? On the home page is this code:

<div class="product-meta">
    <h5 class="name" itemprop="name">
        <a class="product-name" itemprop="url" title=" Glass Globe Atomizer Cloud Atlas 2.0 Cloud Pen™ Oil" href="http://www.710solutionshop.com/index.php?id_product=526&controller=product&id_lang=1"> Glass Globe Atomizer Cloud Atlas 2.0 Cloud... </a>
    </h5>

and in your snippet is product-meta class missing.

Hello, thanks for you reply, I guess I haven't edited the correct file because it didn't work :)

Cain't seem to find out where it's at.

I've spent a couple days trying to edit this I looked at all the tpl files that it could be in product, product list etc.... cain't find it! cain't find the the home.tpl I guess there is none :/

what should I do I'm about to leave it like that, I've ran to more complicated problems, mysql sever goes away and i called hosting it's set to max :/

I don't know why product-meta is missing to be honest, you've just pointed out another issu...

I'm getting angry at this prestashop now, hopelly i'll put that energy in the right direction.

Again thank you for your reply if I should do something please take a minute to let me know it would help a great deal :)

Have a beautifull day. David

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello all, I've been trying to delete the truncate function from leo game gear theme since yesterday but I cain't get it to work?

It seems like this function isn't in my product-list.tpl ou product tpl, so I look around in my files and I've found on /themes/themename/modules/leomanagewidgets/views/widgets/widget_products.tpl

<h5 itemprop="name" class="name">

{if isset($product.pack_quantity) && $product.pack_quantity}{$product.pack_quantity|intval|cat:' x '}{/if}

<a class="product-name" href="{$product.link|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{$product.name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" itemprop="url" >

{$product.name |truncate: 45:'...'|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}

</a>

</h5>

I deleted it, changed values to 150, force compile, cleared cache, and spent the night going crazy on it, nothing helped!

I would like to see my product titles in full lengh you can see it ins't here : http://screencast.com/t/XhUB8EXLFa

What is the solution to this problem ?

Thanks ahead David

Hi There! I have same problem with this (mobile leo theme). Can you help me please where can i modify successfully? Thank you!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I change several "truncate" values from several "tpl" files I found but nothing works.

I am using Prestashop 1.7, and Leo GStore theme.

Some body got it for this theme or knows how to do it?.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...