Sorting products order in categories

Yes, I had found the module to custom sort the products on the frontpage(home featured) but now I need a way to sort the products in the categories, even if I sort them in ascending prices. The way that are now doesnt gives me any advantages.

I have searched all around the forum, now I give up and ask for your help!

You should be able to just go to Preferences > Products, set "Default order by" to "Position inside category", then go to the Catalog tab, then use the up or down arrows in the Position column to adjust the order of the products. You can click an arrow to move it one position, or click and drag the background behind the arrow up or down to move it multiple positions at a time. You can increase the number of displayed products from "50" to "300" if you need to move products many positions.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rocky,

How about a quick way to sort these in the BACK end by product name without having to use the tally up/down buttons? I have several photos that are numbered. Do I need to move these around by the onesies? or is there a quick button to sort? I tried clicking on the button at the top to sort, but nothing changes.

Thanks!

J

To sort in products by name in the Back Office, click on the up arrow underneath the Name header. To sort the products by name in the Front Office, go to Preferences > Products and change "Default order by" to "Product name" and "Default order way" to ascending.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The admin interface lets you adjust ordering but at least with version 1.3.3, it looks like the AJAX based controls do not work - you need to use the up down arrows which actually trigger a form submit. Just dragging and dropping rows does not seem to actually cause an update of the backend and there is no manual way to tell Prestashop that you are done either.

This also assumes you have set the default ordering via the preferences -> products section as outlined above.

Cheers

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

It's the same to me. It dont show up and down arrow in position colunm, i cant reorder the product position. And cant fresh install or upgrade to new version, i have made some changed, add some modified modules so, all will be lose if i do that. So can some one help me where or which file i have to fix,

I searched and found some code to add in ajax.php, but it dont work.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a way to multi-sort products by manufacturer in the backoffice - is there any way or module (also paid modules) which lets me mass-sort let's say "put all products of manufacturer X on top in category X"?

Thanks for ANY hint/help!!

...tried Prestashop Storemanager but it won't let me mass-move certain manufactuerer either.. or at least I haven't figured out how.

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,

I am trying to control the order of my products in my categories on a multistore Prestashop 1.6 install.

I follow your steps but it partially bugs :

selecting a category make another category name appear as a filter at the top of the "Category" column of the main table ...

I'm not sure what I am doing when the 2 do not match !!

When they do and I reorder the products it seems to be partially respected...

Anyone know how this weird thing works ?...

EDIT : It works as it is supposed to on my install . I had an FTP problem causing interferences all around ... Multistore was for nothing in my bug :)

Edited by Rom Soul (see edit history)

I also found another thing that you have to do before you move your product position up or down using arrows in the catogory is to disable the item first, then move it, then re-enable it

So before you start moving it up and down, click on the green tick  to disable it, then move it up or down and then re-enable it

Edited by robdido (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You should be able to just go to Preferences > Products, set "Default order by" to "Position inside category", then go to the Catalog tab, then use the up or down arrows in the Position column to adjust the order of the products. You can click an arrow to move it one position, or click and drag the background behind the arrow up or down to move it multiple positions at a time. You can increase the number of displayed products from "50" to "300" if you need to move products many positions.

This doesnt helps for me. PRudcts arestill displayed with no logic or just by date.

Eveyrthing in BO is sorted as it should be.

Anyone knows what can i do more? 

using ps 1.6.1.8.

• 2 weeks later...

This doesnt helps for me. PRudcts arestill displayed with no logic or just by date.

Eveyrthing in BO is sorted as it should be.

Anyone knows what can i do more? 

using ps 1.6.1.8.

Hello,

When you are in your product manager page, there is a row with one option named : Filter by category

(I translated it from my french version, this might be slightly different)

Once you selected the category that contains your products, you will see that the products table now show a new column named Position. Use the arrows to drag and drop in the order you want them to appear.

Also be sure you you have Preferences > Products, set "Position inside category" as said earlier (7 years ago :rolleyes:  ) 

Edited by ARNAUD DE SAINT JEAN (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We are using PS 1.6.17 for one of our client with multistore and having issues with product sorting using category filter. Checked category_product table and found the positions are repeated for a same category. The positions are updated in the position column, but still weird results in the BO order after reloading the page.

Planning to develop a custom module that updates the category_product table with selected category and its products positions using a singe button after setting the selected category product positions.

Thanks,

• 1 year later...