Combinations - problems!

Deathdealer

Hi there!

Since nobody is answering my question in my....well native part of this forum e.g The Swedish one, Im going to try to get som help from you in the English part instead.. :)

So plx - be patient with my English!

As I have understand it when it comes to Combinations and PS, you first have a "main" article that are the base of a group och combinations. I have set up this bas-article and then created the appropriate "Attribute" for these.

In my example I use guns e.g the pipe...that comes in different calibers:

Example:

12-16 (base-article)

Let´s say that the 12-16 is 100USD, and the impact of the price is as follow:

20 = 0

44 = +10USD

243 = +50USD

My first question - is there ANY way to set the price of a product in a combination to a "fixed value" - like:

20 =100

44 = 110

243 = 150 

instead of the above solution?

I can't find any field where you can ad a fixed value...... :(

Reason for the question is that the system we built is integrated with a economic-system, that exports the product and prices into Prestashop, and since Prestashop docent recognize the "combinations" as separate articles - I can´t see how the F Im going to update these articles that are included in the combination.....(hope you follow)....

Hope that you see where the problem is - if the export from the eco-system send out the value 110 to combination 44, the price will be 100+110 = 210USD instead of 110USD

please . if there is any other file/way to get a price into a combination instead of have a (increase with:) = sum!

Kindly

DD

Edited by Deathdealer (see edit history)

Hi Paul ( and thx for the replay)

This is the site: http://www.classicvapen.se

The problem I have is not to display the "combinations", everything works - BUT in the backend, when you editing the combinations/adding one the only option I have found to get a change in price = Normal price for the combination is the same as the "base-article". But IF I want to increase the sum, with 100, you have to select the "impact on price"-option.

Is there any field you can fill in, or anything to use where I can fill in the actual price NOT the difference between the "bas-article" and the new price?

Hope that you understand better :-)

Kindly

Stefan

(EDIT: See below for simpler solution at #7)

Initial thought is to use a 'trick'. There will be problems because of this (see below, after explanation of the trick, about problems in category lists, special prices block, featured products  etc) which may be too many to solve, but still wanted to share the idea.

The idea:

Make a NEW attribute VALUE for the Caliber, named: "Choose caliber" or so.

Make a NEW combination for this attribute value (and keep product QUANTITY for this combination = 0 !)

Make the BASE PRICE for the initial product 0.00.

Make the 'impact price' for all combinations the FULL resale price:

12-16: 100

20: 100

44:110

243:150

When opening the product page, the default combination is shown (which is "choose caliber'.) 

Because they don't have chosen any caliber yet, the price will be 0.00

When they choose a caliber, say 44, the price changes to Base (0.00) + impact (110) = 110, which is what you want.

N.B. When they DON'T change the default attribute (i,e, caliber is still 'choose caliber'), there are 0 products of this quantity, so they cannot add it to the cart by accident as well, so you FORCE them to make a 'conscious' caliber decision :-) 

It's a little strange, but the benefit of forcing them to choose a specific caliber may be actually useful.

------------

The problems:

The problems we have now is that the prices in the category list, special products etc, featured products will always be 0.00 (as it shows the base price). It would be nice to change the fixed base price here into a 'from' price, where the lowest combination price (which is also  > 0 ) will be shown or so, or a 'different' default combination for category list products etc.

I will give this a thought. For now think first if this combination solution would do the trick for you, and we will see if we can fix the other problems.

pascal.

Well thx Pascal!......

'Prob. me that express myself bad :-) But....

My problem is all about how Prestashop register the "value". When you create a product you have the "Price" tab, where you give the actual in price (net price), and the price it sells for. So far everything is simple. Even the field that you fill in, are registerd as it is in the database as the sum that you put in.

But when you come to kombinations its the difference that are registered against the "bas-product" e.g a combination = the value of the bas product -/+ the differens of that combination. NOT the actual price of that combination. You do attach a artikelnumer a.s.o but not the actual PRICE!

"When they choose a caliber, say 44, the price changes to Base (0.00) + impact (110) = 110, which is what you want."

​This basically does the exact same thing as the before, I still have to use the base-product and the difference! :-)

We have a pretty advanced system and done som major changes to the core, and when we connect the economic-system, the thing is just this.....there are no actual value for combinations :-( it´s a calculated value......

​Im so pleased that people tries to help.......rely!!!

Kindly

Stefan

the idea was that :

by using the base value = 0,

the "increases" are THE SAME as the full price of that combination...

so no calculation have to be done...

(like in your case (Post #1) you had to calculate the 'increase' :

full price of caliber 44 = 110,

minus base price of 100

-> 110-100 => 'increase = 10.

Which would then give you in prestashop when choosing the caliber 44:

caliber 44 calculation = Base price = 100 + attribute '44' = + 10 = 110)

In my case, you wouldn't have to 'calculate' the increase, just use the FULL price of calibre 44 as the 'increase:

Base price (=0) + 'increase of caliber 44 attribute: (= 110) = full price for caliber 44 (= 110)

Does it make sense?

Ha, can just very simple, we don't need the extra attribute:

Create new product.

Set retail price to 0.00$              <-- this is the important step!

post-455771-0-26532900-1423407234_thumb.png

go to combinations and generate combinations with the combinations generator:

- Select the calibers you need, click ADD

- add the FULL PRICE of each caliber in the price impact field     <-- No calculation needed!

- add some quantity if you wish

- Press 'generate'

post-455771-0-78904600-1423407376_thumb.png

(If needed, change the default combination)

save all changes

If you then go to the shop:

On front page, the new product is shown (on New Products for example, with the default combination price shown (12-16 = 100$)

post-455771-0-52182800-1423407497_thumb.png

If you go to the category list (product list), you also see the price of the default combination mentioned:

post-455771-0-42776100-1423407561_thumb.png

Then when you go to the product detail page, you again see the default combination selected (12-16), with its price 100$

post-455771-0-17001100-1423407694_thumb.png

You also see all attributes to choose from, when you change to for example 44, it will again show the full price of that caliber (as it always did): 110$

post-455771-0-88078900-1423407759_thumb.png

So, summarised:

The trick is to keep the retail price at 0.00. Then you don't have to calculate the increase (i.e. the difference between the 'default' combination ad the other combination's price), but you just add the FULL price as combination price, no calculation needed.

Hope that is what you needed,

pascal.

Thx again Pascal - your the best m8.....

The thing you do here, does work the way you say, but it´s a kind of a fake :-) (noting bad, just the only word I come up with)

Explain:

Since this is a B2B company, and we work with an economic system that exports the actual stock, and imports the orders + having a price displayed for visitors that are the rek. outprice to consumers. It gets a bit complicated when it come to the solution that you suggest...

1. You need the "holesaleprice" to be able to get the profit to what they earn when the sell a product

2. The retail price is def. nessesary - this IS the price their clients see when they log-in to their account

3. We have a special-price that apply when your not logged in - that´s the "consumer rek. price"

4. We have created a field that display the "contribution margin" for "sales personal" that are logged in in the backend, when they take orders, so they always know the profit they make of a sale.

When you set the price to "0", you rely don't skip the actual calculation.... it still makes it, all combinations that you create like that (or manually) are calculated, in your case its just "base product = 0, the difference in price = 100....0+100 = 100

This is prob the way that Prestashop use combinations, and there may be that you can´t set an actual sum to the kombination.....

Preferred would have been that you have all products (even combinations) as an own product, and then combine them in a different way, for one thing - you can´t search for a combination...strange... Try it - the base-product works...but if you try to search for a combination....article No or name....dosent work...?!?!?!

Well - I do thank you for the effort Pascal, great job...rely!!

Kindly

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I think you're too worried about the 'calculation' that happens.

Some answers:

1) wholesale price can still be added. I didn't add it to the example, but wanted to mention/show in an image where to put the 0.00 RETAIL price. If you want to add wholesale, no problem.

2) I think the customers WILL see the normal price, like 100$, as it is always combined with one of the attributes, so it gets the 'increase' through the attribute. Therefore, 0.00 will never been used. Maybe try it with one product and see if it works. I think so...

3) It is still possible to give a discount to your logged in/registered customers. See example, where I give 10 discount to my gun product (I used it for all combinations, but you can also per combination set a different discount) but only for members of the 'customer' group. When logged out, you won't get the discount. I think that's what you try to get, right?

4) Expect the special field to still work, as it will probably work for the final product price, right? (i.e. when they sell a caliber 243, they get commission over the 150$, right? If so, that is still the case, as the combination price (in total) didn't change.

About the calculation. Indeed, it calculates the full price, by combining the (bare) retail price, with the attribute price (There is always an attribute value selected, so the final price is never 0.00, but always the same as the combination price).

The use/benefit of just setting it to 0.00 is that you don't have to re-calculate anything, (as that was what you were looking for, I thought), but just add the price for the combination fully at the combination.

So, I doesn't matter if there is a calculation or not, the final price is still the same (=just the combination price)

For "Searching for combinations", please open a new topic, and we can think about that. That's outside the scope of this topic :-)

I suggest you maybe just try with one product to see how it works and then see where you get stuck, (if anywhere). It might just work...

Hope this helps,

pascal.

Hi again Pascal!

This is the case:

Economicsystem stores everything as separate products like:

Artnr: 123     Produktdescription: dangerousgun    Inprice: 20   Outprice: 40 ... .. ..

Prestashop: Artnr: 123   ProductID: 601 Product description: Dangerous gun ... .. ..

BUT (here it is again) :-)

A "combinations is NOT stored with the same...fields/columns in the database - it just store the "change of the price compered to the base product" :-)

So when you "sync" the ecosystem and the shop..... you have a value that consist of the HOLE amount for the "combination" and Prestashop expects the "differenc"

Everything looks and work the right way in the shop..... (except that I have to come up with a solution for combinations to be displayed with the "consumer-price" when you not logged in!!! :-)

So - my question was/are still - IS there any way to ad a "full price" for kombinations, not the "differens".....

Im so sorry if Im unclear in any way......

Stefan

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello.

For some reason I cannot upload images so I will write what problem I have.

1. I have Catalog -> Product Attributes - 4 of them: Size, Fragrance, Colorant, Grain.

2. Size attribute has 9 different sub-attributes such as packaging sizes - 1 oz, 2 oz, etc.

3. If I am trying to Add new sub-attribute let's say for Frangrance, the only Attribute Group in dropdown available is Size. Nothing else!

4. If I am looking in Attribute Tool I only see Size and 4 different sub-attributes. I don't see Fragrance, Colorant or Grain.

How do I add new Attributes to choose from to Attribute Group and consequently to Attribute Tool?

Thank you

It seems that PS is cashing out all changes. I was able to see my changes like two days after. I already cleared cache many times but my latest changes with Attribute Combinations are not visible also. I have tried to login using IE and Firefox with the same result. That is very frustrating. Anyone knows how to avoid this issue?

• 9 months later...
Guest locen

Hi, I'm not abe to add combinations in products. 

if i click generate values no combinations added but i see "successful update"

version 1.6.0.9

Please help me

thanks  :)