moving prestashop 1.4.5.1 new server cause only blank frontpage

I consider myself as a skilled webmaster and programmer worked with code and computers since the early 80 ties, so move  some store from one server to another use to be something i can do in my sleep.

my costumer persist she only want  Prestashop so i am bound to solve this problem, else i had run away for a long time ago, she have been begging me to move it and  upgrade it since 2013 and i guess i have spend around  70 hours trying to do make it work over the years,
i have made a to do list  about  how to upgrade,including  my own php code fix, so i think i will  have no problems  upgrading it.

But if i cant even clone the shop to another domain (and it is on the same host but on another server so  should not be such a big task, i am totally lost.

And i cant  understand  why prestashop is such a pain,  even the smallest task  cause troubles.
But again 1 year later i try again and i have spent two day trying to solve this problem

i have tried lots of  forum solutions and guides.
clearing  cache  generate  .htaccess  set up folder permissions, changing the domain in the database, changing  theme to default, alter settings in SEO & URL´s
also tried to set shop to maintanance mode with wrong ip address but  that still only show blank page

disabled cache in browser, testing on firefox ie and chrome.

if i try using  inspect element  on the  blank page in firefox i get  this

<!--

MODULE JBX_MENU 

-->

<html>

<head></head>
    <body>
        <div class="sf-contener"></div>
    </body>

</html>

every time it ends with the same  problem
The Store front is blank no matter what i do.

you can see store here and  as me i guess you only see a blank page

i can access admin system so that works fine.
I just hope someone can solve my problem before i losing my mind.

Edited by dahls (see edit history)

for blank page, you need underlying php error

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information/

what I suggest for new server, is to download a fresh copy of ps and install on the new server.  then ps installation will check to see if server is configured well enough to run ps.

and I'm with you, sometimes I miss the old 3270 dumb terminal hooked to an IBM mainframe...and a printer that one can print dumps on. :)

• Like 1

yes server is  configured well enough i can install  a fresh version. that i forgot yo mention. ;)

found out  when  enable display errors  it says something is  wrong

Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: Smarty::$_CHARSET in /home/server/public_html/pshop/tools/smarty/plugins/modifiercompiler.escape.php on line 35

I did a search on issue, this looked promising

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/254965-undeclared-static-property-smarty-charset/?p=1295392

here is results from search, you can look through them if the previous didn't resolve.

https://www.google.es/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=prestashop+Fatal+error:+Access+to+undeclared+static+property:+Smarty::$CHARSET+site:www.prestashop.com

• Like 1

Thank you now  the shop is  visible
btw  the fix is
in /tools/smarty/plugins/modifiercompiler.escape.php
line  33 - 40

change it  from

try {
        $esc_type = smarty_literal_compiler_param($params, 1, 'html');
        $char_set = smarty_literal_compiler_param($params, 2, Smarty::$_CHARSET);
        $double_encode = smarty_literal_compiler_param($params, 3, true);

if (!$char_set) {
            $char_set = Smarty::$_CHARSET;
        }

To

try {
        $esc_type = smarty_literal_compiler_param($params, 1, 'html');
        $char_set = smarty_literal_compiler_param($params, 2, 'UTF-8');
        $double_encode = smarty_literal_compiler_param($params, 3, true);

if (!$char_set) {
            $char_set = 'UTF-8';
        }