Paypal Europe issue with currency after update from 1.6.0.9 to 11

zabamich

Hi I found some issue with paypal module. Before update store to latest version 1.6.0.11 I have set in Bo for paypal module use default store currency. In my store we using euro(defoult) and gbp.

And customer who seen price in Usd was charged in euro. Example product in euro was for 4.5 euro =5.15 USD ( proce converted by store) so customer was charged for 4.5 euro at the checkout.

After update customer is charged for 5.15 euro. what is wrong becouse price for this product is 4.5 euro. Amount is not converted correctly.

Modułem was uninitiated cleaned and set one more time. But issue still it is.

Installed module version 3.8.1 official paypal module for prestashop.

I have. But for me is easier manage in back office when all transaction are in the same currency. Easier for revenue. Less work. I know I can accept other currencies as well.

I checked on clean 1.6.0.11 instalation and conversion working fine. Problem is after upgrade.

Edited by zabamich (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Update, about paypal module. I spend few days , to move products, order, etc, to clean installation, and for few days, currency was converted file to default store currency. and since today morning is the same issue, amount is not converted only currency is changed. :(  No any changes in store, data base etc.
So definitely is huge issue with latest presta 1.6.0.11.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no any idea?? where is problem?? and why after few days problem back?? i cheked db from clean and  real strore and i don't see any different in currency setting.

I chaked also clean instalation lates version of prestashop and so far is fine price is converted :(.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PayPal works fine before update.

When you make update ti newer verison, PayPal current conversion fails.

If anyone can make clean instalation of PS 1.6.0.14. and test PayPal currency conversion, it will be helpful for all.

problemlesm  is somewere in presta files, I spend few days to tarnsfer products, customer orders, etc to clean instalation on 1.6.0.13 and for few days conversion worked fine, and shudenly stopped working.  during that time there wern't any change is store.

• Like 1

PayPal works fine before update.

When you make update ti newer verison, PayPal current conversion fails.

If anyone can make clean instalation of PS 1.6.0.14. and test PayPal currency conversion, it will be helpful for all.

Can confirm I also have this issue after upgrading to 1.6.0.14.

I'm currently in the process of downgrading back to 1.6.0.9 as quite a few issues have surfaced, and I'm led to believe its one of the more stable releases in PrestaShop 1.6

Hi guys,

Quick update to my situation that may help you, the problem was still occurring on PrestaShop 1.6.0.9.

I've found the problem goes away for me when I disable the Google Analytics module (v2.0.9). I believe this has something to do with the PayPal module updating the customers cart before payment, which in turn triggers a hook Google Analytics uses, overwriting the currency change. I'm not sure though.

For now I've reverted back to Google Analytics 1.8.2 (Download from here, you'll need to copy the 'backwards_compatibility' folder from another module into it).

Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

I checked and you have right. When I switched off Google analytic module v 2.0.9 conversion back to normal in paypal module.

So simple solution. If you know where is a problem.

now prestashop development have to find issue inside that module.

Hi guys,

Quick update to my situation that may help you, the problem was still occurring on PrestaShop 1.6.0.9.

I've found the problem goes away for me when I disable the Google Analytics module (v2.0.9). I believe this has something to do with the PayPal module updating the customers cart before payment, which in turn triggers a hook Google Analytics uses, overwriting the currency change. I'm not sure though.

For now I've reverted back to Google Analytics 1.8.2 (Download from here, you'll need to copy the 'backwards_compatibility' folder from another module into it).

Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

Merci, justement je l'avais désinstaller a cause de ça, on n'est nombreux a avoir se problème de lenteur uniquement "BackOffice lien Modules" ?  Amitiés 

• 2 weeks later...

We are also experiencing this problem and can replicate the behaviour in disabling the Google Analytics module. Once that is done the value submitted to Paypal in the store default currency is correct. Please can someone from Prestashop look into this ASAP?

• 2 months later...