Catalog Price rules: Product is in several categories/Which catalog rule has priority?

Ver: 1.6.0.11

My entire shop is set up with a catalog rule for 20% off.

(My "regular" prices of my products are always 20% off retail, and I want my customers to see what the MSRP is before my discount.)

I have had to made a separate catalog rule for each main category of my store.

Each month, a "Main" category and all it's sub-categories at 25% off. Switching around the Catalog rules for this kind of sale is easy.

I have also made separate categories based on common themes.

For instance: "All things Red". If a product is red, it appears in this category as well as it's default category.

I would like to have a sale on all products in the "All things Red" category.

They all would be 25% off.

When I create a catalog rule for "All Things Red" to be 25% off, it's being ignored because these products appear elsewhere in my store under categories that are 20% off.

(I don't mind if a "Red" book is 25% off while "Blue" books remain 20% off within the "Books category.)

Is there a way to set a priority for the discounts? So if I list all things Red at 25% off, it would overrule the 20% off discount within books in general.

Did I explain my dilemma correctly?

Thanks!

Edited by Bewitching (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

OK. Since I received no replies, I'll try to explain it more clearly :)

I have a product, Celtic ring.

It is in two categories, rings and everything Celtic.

I have a catalog rule for rings. They are always 20% off.

For the month of March, (St. Patrick's Day), everything Celtic in my store will 25% off.

So my Celtic ring would fall under two catalog price rules, the 20% off for rings, and the 25%off for everything Celtic.

How can I get my Celtic ring to display 25% off?
Is a catalog price rule based on the Default category for a product?

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same question! What I have noticed is that the first created rule seemes to be kept. So if you give one category including your ring 25% and then you give the other category (also including your ring) 20%, the ring will keep it's 25% since it is the first discount it got.

But somewhere in the db you have to be able to set this priority, right? I really want to find this so I can manually tell if the product should have 20 or 25%.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got same issue

example:
product discount is 20%

another quantity discount is 10% when buying 4+ items
put 4 in cart and customer is given 10%, which is not at all cool - customers hate that, and so do i.

please post if you know how to fix this, so customer gets the best available price

OK. Since I received no replies, I'll try to explain it more clearly :)

I have a product, Celtic ring.

It is in two categories, rings and everything Celtic.

I have a catalog rule for rings. They are always 20% off.

For the month of March, (St. Patrick's Day), everything Celtic in my store will 25% off.

So my Celtic ring would fall under two catalog price rules, the 20% off for rings, and the 25%off for everything Celtic.

How can I get my Celtic ring to display 25% off?

Is a catalog price rule based on the Default category for a product?

Catalog price rules will apply according to their position on list.

But if product has specific price rule ( Created rule while editing product ) then product specific rule will apply prior to the Catalog Price rules.

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Catalog+price+rules#Catalogpricerules-Conditions

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Same problem here.

Two differents catalog price rules on the same category, i cant reorder de id catalog price rule because it will break.

How can i assign who has moer priority? Or how can i change the code to has priority the higher discount?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I do have the same issue, I have a Cart Rule, specific Product Price Rule and Catalog Price Rules.

It seems to me that:

a) Cart Rule (e.g. a voucher) and specific Product Price Rule seems to be cumulative, both applied. Bad behaviour, how do I avoid it, how do we set priorities ?

B) Catalog Price Rules seems to overridden a Product Price Rule, any way to manage this priority ?

Thank you 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Prestahop applies the discounts in the order that it has been created.

The solution that I use is this:

I have created in the first position "The discount of the month", and when I do  not want any, I aplied this rule to a empty group of clients (create one with no members).

When you want create a new temporal discount, change this rule.

In lower positions of the "Catalog price rules" create the discounts that you want to be always applied.