[TUTORIAL] Troubleshooting the spinning save button on 1.6.0.11

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Crezzur your solutions doesn't help. Switching to older PHP (see my previous post) version didn't last long. Also noticed that is related to the servers entry process limits. I get the error:

You have reached entry processes (number of simultaneously running php and cgi scripts, as well as cron jobs and shell sessions) limit 215 times

in my providers apache server, and not sure if it is related with the spining icons. But I assume it stops loading js scripts after this error. Error occurs in admin/products.js
 line 177.

current_tab = $(request.responseText).filter('.product-tab').attr('id').replace('product-', '');

request.responseText is:

"<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<TITLE>508 Resource Limit Is Reached</TITLE>

</HEAD><BODY><H1>Resource Limit Is Reached</H1>

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit.Please try again later.</BODY>

</HTML>"

I am using prestashop 1.6.1.2

Edited by AndriusVAL (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello, i have seen so many tutorials to solve this problem but no one works, please help I cant create new product, everytime it says timeout and saving button still spinning.

Prestashop version 1.6.1.3 - max_execution time 30 (server configuration dont allow me more)

Console says:

http://polepto.com/admin529vvr43k/index.php?controller=AdminProducts&token=c53a89c8f7b9709ea0b18c3a984a3cd1&id_product=147&action=Combinations&updateproduct&ajax=1&rand=1463251253366&_=1463251251561" -H "Accept: */*" -H "cache-control: no-cache" -H "Referer: http://polepto.com/admin529vvr43k/index.php?controller=AdminProducts&id_product=147&updateproduct&conf=4&key_tab=Seo&token=c53a89c8f7b9709ea0b18c3a984a3cd1" -H "User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/50.0.2661.102 Safari/537.36" -H "X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest" --compressed

See this picture and red line

30s.jpg

Click on the red entry and see what the response is. It might be timing out.

If it's error 500, then turn on DEV mode and retry

I have turned DEV mode all time ON, It just says ,,timeout,, nothing else.

When i try to add new product combinations with 180+ combinations it says sometimes error 500, sometimes error with max_execution time exceeded...

please help me with this problems its look now it has 3 problems look at picture.

30s2.jpg

Thanks for reply, max execution time is 30sec, i cant increase it, i tried it 2 months ago and then called to my server hosting and they said it is maximum and if I want more i have to pay more :D

But i think it is not normal when product tab is loading more then 30 seconds... 

I tried to deactivate all modules - nothing helps

Big changes on server - maybe it is one of problem was 2 months ago when i uploaded csv file with 10 000 combinations - Iam selling car sticker and wall stickers and EVERY sticker have other size, one have 10x3cm, next combination 20x6cm, next product for example 8x8 cm, next combination 15x15cm, 30x30cm, 90x90cm....

This csv file with 10 000 combinations - from 1x1cm to 100x100cm I had to cut into 50 files - every file had 200 combination because when i tried upload more then 200 combinations at once = error message - timeout, max execution time exceeded.

But now i cant make any product with 1 combination :( 

• 5 months later...

I had the same issue with the forever spinning save button. I am under Prestashop 1.6.1.2.

I paid the Prestashop support package and had them trying to find a solution for two months but nothing worked.

A friend of mine finally recommended this compagny : http://www.prestatoolbox.fr/

They were absolutely fantastic! they fixed my issue in a few hours.

Basically they checked everything on my website and took off from my FTP repertory the files -admin, -class, and -js and replaced them by the original files from Prestashop 1.6.1.2.

And it worked!!!

They also found a few more issues I had on my website and fixed them as well...

Very effective, very nice, I cannot recommend them enough. I have decided that if I have any problem in the future with Prestashop I will only work with them.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I had the same spinning save buttons issue, unable to edit, save or create any new products (my Prestashop 1.6.1.1). Back office extremely slow over the last month or so, put it down to slow browser/computer. Then needed to create new product... nightmare, unable to edit anything. Product tabs in back-office wouldn't load at all, and would eventually time out with Check your server message popping up. Deleted modules and disabled stats, but no joy.

As probably many of you have done I searched the forums, read Top man Nemo's posts, tried all sorts of fixes but no joy. Couldn't upgrade to latest 1.6.1.x version as have made too many mod's to site & template, which would vanish on upgrading (learn't that lesson the hard way!). Best solution seemed the Official Prestashop release of 1.6.1.9 and to manually update the patch files (http://build.prestas...enance-release/). Did that and cleared cache in Prestashop & browser, but no fix for me (left altered files - 9 of them).

Continued searching web for another fix (or else I would have to as a last resort replace all js, admin, class directories with the ones from 1.6.1.9) and found this discussion on a similar issue back in April 2015 (slow Back-Office / modules page etc) : http://stackoverflow...ing-very-slowly

See link to Github patch file: https://github.com/P...d674189abc19493

Uploaded the complete version of the file classes/controller/AdminController as shown on github. Cleared cache on Prestashop (Advanced Parameters/Performance) and in browser. DING DANG DO... unbelievable, spinning wheels gone, couldn't believe my eyes! Back Office the quickest it's ever been. RESULT!

Hope this is the solution you've been looking for? Seems there is not one solution to fix all with this problem.

Recap: Manually update the 9 patch files from Prestahop release - http://build.prestas...enance-release/

github: https://github.com/P...aShop/pull/6749

Replace: classes/controller/AdminController file with the one below:

Github patch file: https://github.com/P...d674189abc19493

CLEAR Prestashop cache & browser cache. 

• 9 months later...

I would like to take `prestashop to court, all the money i have spent with them and their so called add ons

What a load of rubbish

179 days of building a site to find that it has more bugs than the Amazon rain forest

Spinning save button makes it totally unusable 

Boy £30.000 in time hours for paying for input items

over £2000 in add ons and themes

Seriously if your looking for making a shop online, stay away from Prestashop, its just going to cost you more in the end.

Imagine spending months building your shop to find then one day you wake up and not only does it no longer work, but even prestashop can not fix the problem and thousands of users have same problem.

Im one fuming user, who is fed up of incompetent  developers at prestashop

Still did not work after upgrading to latest 1.6 theme , and unable to try 1.7 without losing 179 days of inputted products 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem and this is what did to fix it.

In js/admin/product.js  file, starting from line 200.

/*In order to prevent mod_evasive DOSPageInterval (Default 1s)*/

var time = 0;
        if (mod_evasive) {
            time = 1000;
        }
        var tabs_running_timeout = setTimeout(function(){
            stack.shift();
            if (stack.length > 0) {
                self.displayBulk(stack);
            }
        }, time);

I changed

var time = 0;

to

var time = 500;       or      var time = 1000.                

You can adjust the value to see if it works for you.     500 works for me on a free hosting account on x10hosting.com

I think the value 0 means no delay for all the product tab requests (same url) and server thinks it is a infinite loop within a short amount of time.  

With 500 or , 1000, I can see from console, it sends out this request http://yourdomaininfo/youradminpath/index.php  one by one with some 500ms / 1000 ms delay and the Save button becomes active after 6  / 12 seconds.  (12 tabs to load, Information, Prices, SEO, etc..)    

I guess you won't have time problem if your tune your server to allow that many requests at the same time.

• 4 months later...

Hi there, 

I don't know if you still are here on prestashop forum but have informations how to fix this annoying prestashop bug.

Just go there -> YOUR-WEBSITE/adminfolder/themes/default/template/controllers/products/ 
There you will find .tpl files for each tab from product page (Informations, Price, Shipping, Feature, Images etc)
Open first informations.tpl file , search and delete this: disabled="disabled" and then next of that find <i class="process-icon-loading"> and change "loading" to "save". That code need to looks like  <i class="process-icon-save">

You have to do that twice at each file you edit. 1. for Save and stay button and 2. for Save button.

Repeat that in each file for each tab.

You can thanks me later :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can confirm the fix with var time = 500 (600 also works) works fine.

However it seems to be a matter of hosting settings. I tested the exact same site we had the issue with, just on our vultr development server, where it happens works fine on our server without any change in var time.

• 8 months later...
On 3/17/2018 at 7:31 PM, ZikmaSolutions said:

Hi there, 

I don't know if you still are here on prestashop forum but have informations how to fix this annoying prestashop bug.

Just go there -> YOUR-WEBSITE/adminfolder/themes/default/template/controllers/products/ 
There you will find .tpl files for each tab from product page (Informations, Price, Shipping, Feature, Images etc)
Open first informations.tpl file , search and delete this: disabled="disabled" and then next of that find <i class="process-icon-loading"> and change "loading" to "save". That code need to looks like  <i class="process-icon-save">

You have to do that twice at each file you edit. 1. for Save and stay button and 2. for Save button.

You are best!!! Thank you, this solved this ugly Prestashop 1.6.1.21 BUG after I upgraded PHP from 5.3 to 5.6..  Can you believe they are not able to fix it since verison 1.6.1.11??? http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-9634.. 

• 6 months later...

Hello ! I have just encountered the very same problem with a spinning save product button. As everything was working just fine few days before, there could not be any problem with a module or php version (7.03). But who knows with prestashop ;)

my solution was to go to the server´s admin page and change back and forth the php versions from 7 to 5.6 and back to 7.0
now everything work like a charm again.

cheers to all

• 1 year later...
On 3/17/2018 at 8:31 PM, ZikmaSolutions said:

Hi there, 

I have done everything except the following:

SPECIAL PRICES

PRIORITY MANAGEMENT

In prices.tpl there are only 2 button type = "submit".

Do you know if in another file I can find the other 4 button type = "submit" that remain?