Voucher value does not pass to Paypal

Hello,

I am very new to prestashop but somehow managed to have it installed with all the help and guide from past posts.

I am stuck on this one issue from the past 3 days and have not been able to get a solution to it.

Using:

Prestashop V1.6.0.11

PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.8 - (PayPal Payments Standard)

Theme: Default

Option 1 - Shopping without a Voucher

The shopping cart display everything properly till the end. (05. Payment Tab)

When I click on the Paypal Logo, the paypal page shows all details matching with the shopping cart too. It shows Individual Products Name, Item Price and Quantity in each line with total (item price x qty). Followed by a line with shipping amount. Finally item total.

I have not yet tried to make a payment.

post-924151-0-40960900-1423031078_thumb.gif
post-924151-0-00933500-1423031080_thumb.gif

Option 2 - Shopping with a Voucher

The shopping cart display everything properly till the end. (05. Payment Tab)

When I click on the Paypal Logo, the paypal page just shows online with the text "Your Order" with final total. It does not show each product, shipping or voucher value discount.

post-924151-0-60618800-1423031081_thumb.gif
post-924151-0-99559000-1423031082_thumb.gif

The following is what I have found out :

The view source of the Option 1 -> 05. Payment Tab passes individual products details with value and quantity. The final total is calculated by paypal and displayed.

<input type="hidden" name="item_name_1" value="Twisting Solitaire Cubic Zirconia Earrings" />
<input type="hidden" name="amount_1" value="19" />
<input type="hidden" name="quantity_1" value="2" />
<input type="hidden" name="item_name_2" value="Simple Champagne Cubic Zirconia Studs" />
<input type="hidden" name="amount_2" value="23" />
<input type="hidden" name="quantity_2" value="2" />
<input type="hidden" name="item_name_3" value="Shipping" />
<input type="hidden" name="amount_3" value="10" />
<input type="hidden" name="quantity_3" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="tax_cart" value="0" />

Whereas the view source of the Option 2 -> 05. Payment Tab has many values missing and only passes the following:

<input type="hidden" name="item_name_1" value="Your order" />
<input type="hidden" name="amount_1" value="89.8" />
Here the order total in the shopping cart is $89.80 and this is the only value being passed to Paypal.

Please guide as to why this is happening in the case of using a Voucher. Why are all the values not being passed to Paypal ? 
I have seen many shopping carts using paypal where if a voucher is used, then the discount value is shows in the PayPal page as a (-) negative sign alongwith all other details.

Thanks
Pemba

• 2 years later...