PHP's max_execution time setting warn for upgrading

Hi every body,

I want to upgrade my version (1.6.9) to the latest one (1.6.11) using 1 click upgrade module.

But at the right side explanation, there is a warning (not checked in green) for the php.ini

PHP's max_execution_time setting has a high value or is disabled entirely (current value: 2880 seconds)

I looked some forums and i saw that i have to fix some points in PHP.ini file.

I am hosted by OVH and they don't allow you to make configuration for shared hostings.

I will contact them but what i don't know what to ask exactly about what execution time setting must be setted. 

In the fallowing tutorial link, the author suggest to disable the “max_input_time” and increase the “max_execution_time” to 300 seconds.

https://www.prestashop.com/blog/en/where-is-php-ini-file/

If i make this change, can i have a problem after? The value of 2880 seconds is not better than 300 seconds? 

Thanks for your help. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody, i'm testing the upgrade on localhost with WAMP.

I have exacty the same problem ;  

PHP's max_execution_time setting has a high value or is disabled entirely (current value: 2880 seconds)

When I try to find php.ini i just find this :

C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin\php.ini 

; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
; http://php.net/max-execution-time
; Note: This directive is hardcoded to 0 for the CLI SAPI
max_execution_time = 120

I change it but that solve not my problem.

Can anybody help me ?!

thank you verry much !

the auto upgrade module attempts to disable max execution time by setting the time limit to zero, and setting max_execution_time to 0 in AdminSelfUpgrade.php

public function __construct()
    {
        @set_time_limit(0);
        @ini_set('max_execution_time', '0');

apparently your hosting environment does not like this, so I would suggest you remove these lines of code from the module, and just manually reconfigure your PHP to use an acceptable value.  120 seconds is 2 minutes, no clue if that is long enough for your store, you will just have to do trial and error and find the right value

• 4 months later...

That didn't work any other way of bypassing these checks ? got the same error

the auto upgrade module attempts to disable max execution time by setting the time limit to zero, and setting max_execution_time to 0 in AdminSelfUpgrade.php

public function __construct()    {        @set_time_limit(0);        @ini_set('max_execution_time', '0');

apparently your hosting environment does not like this, so I would suggest you remove these lines of code from the module, and just manually reconfigure your PHP to use an acceptable value.  120 seconds is 2 minutes, no clue if that is long enough for your store, you will just have to do trial and error and find the right value

• 1 month later...

I have same issue need to upgrade to vers 1.6.1.1 - anyone have an answer to this as yet? - PHP's max_execution_time setting has a high value or is disabled entirely (current value: 2880 seconds)

what exactly is your issue, and does my reply back on Feb 24th address it?

• 3 years later...

Dont waste your time looking around, firstly check the last modules installed , disable or uninstall them, then try to come back to the upgrade page, you should see all checks marked green. If you recently installed more than one module, its better to tweak around disabling and uninstalling the modules to see which is exhausting the max_execution_time

If no success, then look into the settings of the server max_execution_time  to see if it has the right settings. You may need to add it to the php.ini file in the root.  it may be worthwhile consulting your host to see if there are any restrictions but that's after all the above has been explored.

Edited by mds (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1