GeoLocation not working in 1.6011

Hi all,

I've installed a fresh version of Prestashop 1.6.011 with default theme and attempted to use the geolocation feature, but it is not working as it should.

When set

Geolocation behavior for restricted countries to: customer cannot place and order but can view catalog.

When browsing from a restricted country I still get the message "you cannot place an order from this country" as with previous versions of PS but the prices are visible and the customer can add the product to cart.

Shop:

www.aimrite.com.au/shop/

I have rolled back other sites that I had updated because this function wasn't working, but had assumed it was an upgrade issue. I haven't changed anything with this version.

Thanks

Louis

I've never seen where prices/cart etc were hidden for restricted countries.  I used to have a module that did that but dropped support for it, i.e. when restricted country would set shop into catalog mode.  I just ran test on a 1562 with a restricted country and results in message top of screen but does show prices/cart. etc.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply,

I just retested and must have been a caching issue as I now get the products displayed in catalogue mode when viewing from a restricted country.

I am pretty sure I have always had this functionality in the core?. I did use your module in previous versions so perhaps I am mistaken.

• Like 1

howdy, I looked at http://aimrite.com.au/shop

while it does hide prices in general, it's not catalog mode else we would not see cart, quantity and new products show prices.

remember geolitecity.dat is about 85% accurate, this can cause valid customers to be denied shopping when their IP does not resolve.  So I would not use the native support. :)