SOLVED Regenarate thumbnail problems - Cannot write "No picture"

Hello to all, I'm having problems I cain't regenarate thumbnails I looked all day on the forum I installed a module from github called image generator for prestashop still no success...

Prestashop message : Cannot write "No picture" image to (categories) images folder. Please check the folder's writing permissions. (permissions set to 755)

Image generator screenshot : http://screencast.com/t/Q0klVQv5ZD

What else can I do ? Thanks ahead for help David.

Edited by David Dotou (see edit history)

I tried setting all the permissions to 777 didn't work,

I put PS Mode DEV true here's the message:

1212 errors

1. Cannot write "No picture" image to (categories) images folder. Please check the folder's writing permissions.
  2. Original image is missing or empty (/home/solution710/public_htmlimgp/1/3/13.jpg) for product ID 527
  3. Original image is missing or empty (/home/solution710/public_htmlimgp/1/8/18.jpg) for product ID 527
  4. Original image is missing or empty (/home/solution710/public_htmlimgp/1/9/19.jpg) for product ID 527
  5. Original image is missing or empty (/home/solution710/public_htmlimgp/2/0/20.jpg) for product ID 527

I'm lost can someone hover it out please ?

Topic Solved Thanks to Thomas Harko who put it all back in place for me, I don't know exactly how and why this happened but he created those files under public_html and now it works!!

public_htmlimgc

public_htmlimgm
public_htmlimgp
public_htmlimgscenes
public_htmlimgsu

public_htmlimgtmp

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I would love to say more to help but I'm not qualified I've ran into the same problem yesterday and I'm still trying to fix it last time this happened someone else fixed it.

But what you need to do is to make sure ALL your image folders have the right permission 755 for me and make sure thay are at the root of your server if not you will have to download them from the original img folder via ftp and upload them to the missing directories, if the folder don't exist create em.

Make sense to you ?

Took me a couple days to figure it out.

What's your error message?

• Like 1

Hi David,

Don´r really get any error-messages...

I am currently in the process, of setting up / upgrading a copy of a 1.4.7.3 to the current version, in localhost, at MAMP - and I am facing issues, with (some of) the paths, for the product images.

In the image-url, it goes like domainname/1/2... etc - and the stating / precense of the "img" folder, is not showing.

What really gets to is, that this compiles only, to some of the images, whilst others, are showing just fine.

Additionally, I have other issues, as categories being present (and showing in the front-end) but are no-shows, in the categories page, in the back-end.

This however, is apart from the point, of this thread :)

Edited by eitel (see edit history)

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...

I can't believe this is still an issue in v8.1.3, but thanks to

On 1/12/2016 at 9:15 PM, Dh42 said:

This should be the fix for the issue, https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/489878-cannot-write-no-picture-image-to-categories-images-folder/  I came across the same issue myself today.

I can't believe this is still an issue in v8.1.3, but this fixed the issue.  Thanks

14 hours ago, RayBez said:

I can't believe this is still an issue in v8.1.3, but thanks to

I can't believe this is still an issue in v8.1.3, but this fixed the issue.  Thanks

Yea, 2015 bug :) Magic hnor hnor ;)