Prestashop hosting issues - e.g. Fasthosts

Hi guys,

Just throwing out a random question.

I am seeing frequent database link issues when editing products in my bank end, and similarly these errors are occurring when using the main website as well.

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xx.xx.xx.xx' (4)

(I have replaced my actual IP with x's)

At this stage, I don't know if it's an issue with the Prestashop software, or my hosting provider (Fasthosts).

I know Fasthosts are a reputable hosting company, I know a lot of people have hosting with them without issue - so I was just wondering firstly if:

a) Does anyone else see this frequently when using Prestashop 1.6? and

B) Does anyone who uses Fasthosts as their hosting provider see this issue?

A quick refresh of the page or clicking back and then re-submitting whatever query it was usually resolves it, but my site is due to launch soon and I am quite concerned on the impact it will have.

If anyone has any comments I would love to hear them

Many thanks

Luke

• 1 month later...

Hi Luke, I am experiencing the same with Fasthosts although previous versions of Prestashop worked fine. I also have no problem with Wordpress using the same credentials, so I am convinced that this is something amiss in the new Prestashop. Have you managed to resolve this yet?

Dave