PrestaShop module licensing

Invertus

I realize every developer has different rules but what is the general rule about end users with more than one store?

I've got three stores in development which are all for the same B&M business but for which it makes more sense to have multiple online stores. Does each store need to pay for a licence or would one licence cover all three?

I have the same question as Naldinho:

In case of multistore (same prestashop backoffice-database with multiple domains frontoffice), does each domain-store need to pay for a licence in addons.prestashop.com or would one licence cover all three?

How does it work?

When you buy a module in addons.prestashop.com the system ask you to write only one URL, which URL do we write in case of multistore?

Thanks,

it was discussed before on addons forums, 

one licese = one back office installation (so you can use it with multistore)

I believe this is not correct.

The Terms and Conditions directly from the Addons Store state the following

http://addons.prestashop.com/pdf/terms/141208_CG_CUSTOMER_ADDONS_EN.pdf

The Customer only benefits from a simple license of use of the Addons downloaded, which is non-exclusive, personal and non-assignable, globally, and for the entire duration of the copyright. This license is valid for only one Shop

The Customers using the Multi-Shop undertake to settle with PrestaShop for additional user licenses, i.e., a license per Shop, by contacting PrestaShop to obtain an estimate, at the following address:

This clearly states that customers using Multistore (aka Multi-Shop) must purchase one license per Shop, not one license per back office.

• Like 1

I believe this is not correct.

The Terms and Conditions directly from the Addons Store state the following

http://addons.prestashop.com/pdf/terms/141208_CG_CUSTOMER_ADDONS_EN.pdf

This clearly states that customers using Multistore (aka Multi-Shop) must purchase one license per Shop, not one license per back office.

you've got right!

from what i see thigs changed a lot :-)

thank you for clarification :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest you start by reading the terms and conditions on the addons website.

Then, before you purchase a module, contact the author of the module and ask them your specific question.  Each module carries its own license, so the answer will vary from module to module.

• 4 years later...

Hy!

Excuse me if I re-up this topic, but I read the PDF and I have a question. I have a test site (ONLY local) and an online working site. Both are with a paid plugin. I can use it with the same Prestashop account, right?
Thanks