Cart dropping items

Unfortunately, I cannot say for sure exactly what worked. I was using 1.0.6 ; disabled everything on the cache page, "Advanced Parameters/Performance/CCC" settings; cleared the cache and then upgraded to 1.0.6.11. After that, the problem disappeared.

Now have forced compilation; MySQL caching; clear cache after modification; no/ no on debug; only Apache enabled in CCC; file system caching.

Have since changed out the template and made other changes. Problem has not re-occurred. But, I am keeping a close watch on it...

Edited by newbie87 (see edit history)

I also tinkered with these settings on the SEO page:  set shop url make sure the same name is in both fields ; base url has / only-no url; Redirect to the canonical URL; 302 moved temporarily; no - Disable Apache's MultiViews option; No - Disable Apache's mod_security module                         

Did you try a reinstall of the shop? Backup or export product/orders/etc. database first.

If you are familiar with phpADMIN you could check the database to see if it contains tables or info in a table that should not be there.

Have you tried clearing the cache?

If you are using Paypal as your only payment method check how the cart is configured at Paypal (to add one item at a time or multiple items).

If you have access to the cPanel hosting of your cart it has a check database and repair database function. Repair database will not work on an Inno database like Prestashop. But the check Database worked fine for me.

Also, there are logs in your hosting account, the MySQL database and Prestashop any one of which could provide an answer for you.