Problem with Change Order reference module

Hi

Old theme is after Forum update in Archive and so I can't get answers there.

Question is about this module:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/218257-module-change-order-reference-using-order-id-andor-cart-id/?hl=%20ref%20%20change

Problem - module stop working after server provider switch server. I removed several times module and install it back - still nothing. I install fresh prestashop to same server to test it - there it works fine. So problem is somewhere in store or in database.

I am thinking that needed hook is not called and so it doesn't run. But how I can test it? Any hint is welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

I've the same problem.

I'm updating my website from 1.4 to 1.6.0.8

I've have 2 development enviroment
1) where i don't use automatic update option on the rest of the modules.the Change Order Reference Module works fine
2) where I Update all module at the last versione the Change Order Reference Module doesn't work

Best Regards

• 1 month later...

It will not change things for older orders, but if you put replace the lines in the order.php they are talking about with 

public static function generateReference()
	{
		return $order_invoice->id;
	}

it will give all of your new orders the same order number and reference across your shop, that way you do not have to change all of the instances in the emails and things like that.