Cannot modify header information - what does this error mean?

Hello everyone,

I use Prestashop 1.5.6.2, my hosting account is with GoDaddy and my e-commerce site can be seen at www.wearmysample.com/.shopping

I have recently added more countries and zones to my shipping options, I believe everything in the back office was set up correctly because when a customer with an international address (outside of the US in my case) adds something to the cart the shipping fee is correct. The problem comes when they check out, the payment page will not appear with an international address, instead I get a 500 Internal Error Server. It is so weird! If you check out with an address within the United States the payment page appears without an issue!

About this 500 Internal Server Error, since it's so generic I started investigating by changing false to true under Config> defines.inc.php> at line 28

define( '_PS_MODE_DEV_' , true ) ;

These are the errors that I was shown:

Notice: unserialize() : Error at offset 32747 of 32768 bytes in /home/content/38/6949238/htlm/shopping/classes/cache/CacheFs.php on line 70

Warning: Cannot modify header information  - headers already sent by ( output started at /home/content/38/6949238/htlm/shopping/classes/cache/CacheFs.php: 70 in /home/content/38/6949238/htlm/shopping/classes/Cookie.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by ( output started at /home/content/38/6949238/htlm/shopping/classes/cache/CacheFs.php: 70 in /home/content/38/6949238/htlm/shopping/classes/controller/Frontcontroller.php on line 756

So on line 70 I have:

$file = file_get_contents($filename);

return unserialize($file);

on line 327 I have:

return setcookie($this->_name, $content, $time, $this->_path, $this->_domain, 0, true);

on line 756 I have:

header( ' P3P: CP="IDC DSP COR CURa ADMa OUR IND PHY ONL COM STA " ');

WHAT DO I NEED TO CHANGE?? AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN? :)

I appreciate any help, I have spent days on this! Thank you in advance.

• 2 years later...