Different domain ending for each country, how to manage shop?

Hello,

I am going to open a new e-store, and my aim is to have different domains for specific countries, eg: UK: www.something.co.uk, DENMARK: www.something.dk etc. Prices would be in their specific currency.

My questions are 2:

1) Is it possible to make this work with Prestashop?
How to set up the same domain but with different endings (co.uk, .dk, .com, .lt...)? (I am completely new to this programmer stuff so I would be really happy if you would tell everything step by step please).
How do I configure everything after having bought domain names?

2) How do I manage in my back office the stock and the shop which are domains from different countries and currencies but same warehouse? Is there any module for this or is it possible to work it out only with original prestashop? Is it multistore or not? I've read that not really...

3) Is there anything I don't know about this but I should concider before doing this?

Thank you a lot!!!
All advice is really appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi El Patron...

I'm looking to do this and also 'translate' via browser language 'on the fly' via google or microsoft translate.

So correct me if I'm wrong here - are you saying that enabling multishop would allow exactly the same site to be served up but using the different domain suffixes? i.e. mysite.com mysite.fr mysite.de mysite.co.uk etc.

If that's correct that kind of solves half the problem :)

Thanks

Baz

4 hours ago, ukbaz said:

Hi El Patron...

I'm looking to do this and also 'translate' via browser language 'on the fly' via google or microsoft translate.

So correct me if I'm wrong here - are you saying that enabling multishop would allow exactly the same site to be served up but using the different domain suffixes? i.e. mysite.com mysite.fr mysite.de mysite.co.uk etc.

If that's correct that kind of solves half the problem :)

Thanks

Baz

Hi Baz,

Correct, native PS supports MultiShop, i.e. on installation with multiple domain names.

I recommend creating a dev copy of your shop, subdomain for example where you can enable mutishop and test other domains so you become familiar with it before enabling on your production shop.

happy selling, el