MySQL server has gone away when importing

I recently upgraded to version 1.2.5 of Prestashop.
Due to the VAT change in the UK and a lot of other product changes, I decided to re-add all my products.
So when I went to add the first 100 products, I received the following error:-

'MySQL server has gone away'

I get almost 400 errors for only 100 products!

I have not changed the layout of my csv file, or changed the format of the file that I import, so I really can't see what is causing this.
Any help on this would be great.

You need to set a longer time for execution of the script and probably also increase the number of queries to the database / hour.

What I can recommend, install shop on localhost, import all the products you need and then export the database and import it to your server.

Hello,

This error was never an issue with previous versions of Prestashop, do you happen to know if this is an issue related to the upgrade?
Me doing a local installation and then a transfer to the live version isn't really an option, mainly due to the time required to do such a thing, and my lack of knowledge on how to do it :-)
You mentioned about it being (if I understand correctly) basically a timeout? - Am I right there?
This would (again I am guessing) be a server side config issue? Rather than a Prestashop config issue?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure my information/knowledge on this subject is correct.

Regards
Brendon

• 3 years later...