New message won't post, sends you to PrestaShop homepage?

Xavier  du Tertre

Question

Hi,

Sometimes, you'll write a new message (new topic or new reply to an existing topic) and when you click "Post", it ignore everything you've written and sends you to the PrestaShop homepage. You've lost your message.

This happens when there's a forbidden word in your message or in the title of your topic. Forbidden words are on a forum blacklist because they're used by spammers very often. For instance, the word "b.o.o.t.s.t.r.a.p"  is blacklisted because lots of spam topics selling "b.o.o.t.s" are posted...

So when the forum doesn't accept your post and sends you to the homepage, just go through your message and try and find out what word might be blacklisted.

Hope that help! :)

Xavier

PS : I had to re-write this message because of b.o.o.t.s.t.r.a.p -.-'

14 answers to this question

This happens when there's a forbidden word in your message or in the title of your topic. Forbidden words are on a forum blacklist because they're used by spammers very often. For instance, the word "b.o.o.t.s.t.r.a.p"  is blacklisted because lots of spam topics selling "b.o.o.t.s" are posted...

This is bad. PS should rename the default theme, cause it is impossible to make reference to it without tricks when you are supporting new users. By writing only default they don't find the location...

• Like 1

This is bad. PS should rename the default theme, cause it is impossible to make reference to it without tricks when you are supporting new users. By writing only default they don't find the location...

I agree!!! I tried three times to make a new forum post and all three were rejected. What about using whitelist, prestashop?