Paypal addons

rkyciapoh

I'm having a problem regarding Paypal modules. 

1. I can't seem to install either Paypal Europe or USA. It appeared a white box that says "An error occurred". I'm using Prestashop version 1.6. 

2. So I decided to buy the Paypal express check out. I tried to check out and it showed full blank page! 

3. How do I add paypal in the payment page (choose between modes of payment) instead of the express check out button only?

PS : I'm based in Singapore and my webstore is www.stylebyrky.com 

If anyone knows a way, please help! Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, so anyone knows how do i install paypal on the cloud version..is there an answer? I have the same problem, i dont find the module in my list and i can't upload the Zip Packet in a Cloud Version.

Thanks for answer

You can upload using ftp.

Not sure if its the rights steps but i got it working by:

Downloading the Zip for Euro Paypal.

Uncompress it.

Upload the paypal folder (via FTP - you need to setup an ftp user & password) into the modules folder

Set country in localisation as a euro country like France

search for Paypal under modules, I found it called - "PayPal v3.8.2 - by PrestaShop -"

reset localisation back to your country

So that was bucket science (meat + sun + 3 days = maggots),

I don't know what I am doing so don't take that for official steps - just steps i found that worked.

- If for some reason you are trying to help, why not post a link to the module online if it is really available as you say.

Seriously - I gave you a solution thats took many hours of monkeying around to work out, that will save you hundreds of dollars,  and your reply is as above?

Im sorry that I didn't log in and set it up for you and make you lunch while I was at it.   

Here is the module - first non paid link in google:     http://lmgtfy.com/?q=paypal+europe+prestashop+addons

You might consider trying not to use the F word when asking for help, I find that works best.  

Then consider how much time you might spend developing the whole shopping cart yourself if prestashop hadn't done it for you for free - you know that a prestashop cart site would once have cost you $50k or more, and now its almost free?  

We are all here because we don't have the time/money/skill to do it ourselves, presta have done a great job.  If your clever you can work around paying for the module, if not then you can pay for it and the developer gets some return on the many many thousands of hours this took them. Might even help pay for the free hosting - sounds fair.

Ben

The Euro version is not only for europe.  From what I understand they called it euro to differentiate it from the USA version which is specific to the USA.

It works fine and it seems to be the only method that we in Aus have ever had until the pro module.

Yes it sucks that the old version was removed.

There were some serious updates to the Paypal security at some stage recently, It would be worth looking into if this is why the EU version was removed.

Im guessing, and this is quite uneducated, that the presence of @curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, defined('CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1')

in /modules/paypal/api/paypal_connect.php that this version of PaypalEU module is using the new security setup?

The module appears to be official, it has a blue official icon on it stating that it was made by prestashop.

logo.png
Payments and Gateways
PayPal v3.8.2 - by PrestaShop -  Official

Accepts payments by credit cards (CB, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Aurore, Cofinoga, 4 stars) with PayPal.

• Like 1