Image Compression Problems

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem.
I want to upload my company logo to prestashop theme / template as "logo" but the result is really unacceptable for text.
My original logo is sharp, 250 x 80 pixels with about 18 kb while the resulting imported picture is same size with 6 kB.

No difference depending on the format wether png, jpg, gif, bmp is used.

Can this be turned off any way or is there a manual way to put this picture somewhere ?

I think this is not a new problem - are there any designers in the development team or just programmers ? :ph34r:

Sorry - but this is a nogo for a logo.
Looks very blur and unsharp.

So as the thread-opener didn't get an answer after 6 month I will publish my workaround.

After upload of the logo image in the backoffice (preferences->template) you may overwrite the result in images folder of the shop installation - it is marked with a number and this filename probably stored in the database.

Override this file hardly via ftp with the desired quality will replace a high quality image instead of the compressed one - size in pixel (width/height) should be the same of course. The new pic with high quality is delivered then through prestashop rendering or better will be loaded from the customers browser. :rolleyes:

See attached pic for localisation of this file.

post-1083572-0-86235600-1440973713_thumb.jpg

• Like 1