How to dissable rigth click

au

Prestashop doesn't create any right-click menu. Do you mean you want to prevent the browser's right-click menu from appearing? You could try adding the script here to header.tpl in your theme's directory to disable right-click. I don't think it is a good idea to do this though (see here), since there is always a way around it. What is the reason you want to disable right-click?

• Like 1

A tool to disable right click on web page to prevent users from saving images and viewing the source code. I've seen allot of posts on forums on how to disable the right click event in JavaScript. Well the solution is pretty straight forward. Thank you for sharing this information with us.

• 2 years later...

for those of use who create our image and even sell them even thought a person could still get the image if they know how it is still a deterant and most will just move on if right click save img is disabled unless they are determined and atleast you are telling them we don't want you to do this when you disable right click. so even thought it is still possible to get the content depending on what your trying to hide it can still help.

Totally agree with tjg. A deterant will still help to prevent internet property theft (ie. images & content). Disabling 'right click' is certainly better than nothing at all. After someone stole some of my content, I disabled it straight away.

au if you're still looking to disable the 'right click' option on your web pages, there's a very simple (& free) solution. Download and install module 'Protect RSI' here http://catalogo-onlinersi.com.ar/add-ons-prestashop-modules/229-potect-rsi-prestashop-module.html

It's as simple as that :-)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Totally agree with tjg. A deterant will still help to prevent internet property theft (ie. images & content). Disabling 'right click' is certainly better than nothing at all. After someone stole some of my content, I disabled it straight away.

au if you're still looking to disable the 'right click' option on your web pages, there's a very simple (& free) solution. Download and install module 'Protect RSI' here http://catalogo-onlinersi.com.ar/add-ons-prestashop-modules/229-potect-rsi-prestashop-module.html

It's as simple as that :-)

The above linked module page is unavailable. please help