Problem adding own domain to new shop

Simonkl

Question

Hi everyone!

I´m giving the new Prestashop Cloud a chance, as it seems like a great way of starting out with minimal costs.

The only problem I have so far, is that I cannot add my own domain to my shop.

I followed the guide, added the domain, and after 10-15 minutes of the status being "In progress", it changes to Error.

The page advises me to delete the domain and trying again, but after trying that 10 times I´m starting to think it won´t work.

I have created the A records on the DNS server, and when I´m entering the domain URL in my browser, I´m correctly transferred to my shop, the problem is that the URL changes to the standard .pswebshop.com, which is not that professional to show the customers.

I´m not sure what the problem can be. The domain is a .dk domain, if that has anything to say. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Simon

Edited by Simonkl (see edit history)

8 answers to this question

Hi everyone!

I´m giving the new Prestashop Cloud a chance, as it seems like a great way of starting out with minimal costs.

The only problem I have so far, is that I cannot add my own domain to my shop.

I followed the guide, added the domain, and after 10-15 minutes of the status being "In progress", it changes to Error.

The page advises me to delete the domain and trying again, but after trying that 10 times I´m starting to think it won´t work.

I have created the A records on the DNS server, and when I´m entering the domain URL in my browser, I´m correctly transferred to my shop, the problem is that the URL changes to the standard .pswebshop.com, which is not that professional to show the customers.

I´m not sure what the problem can be. The domain is a .dk domain, if that has anything to say. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Simon

Me too. When the domain name is entered in the address bar it redirects to the pswebstore subdomain. But the domain shows up as error on the store details page.

Me too. When the domain name is entered in the address bar it redirects to the pswebstore subdomain. But the domain shows up as error on the store details page.

So apparently I´m not the only one having this problem. I submitted a ticket to the support regarding this issue Saturday, but I still have not heard back. I´ll post it here if I get a solution.

Hi again

I have received and answer from the Prestashop support. Here is what I was told:

Hello Mr XXXXX,
I just deleted all your domain names because it was registered several times and it may have caused some trouble.
You can now add it to your store from your user space. You have to add it only once without the www.

After that, please wait for 15 minutes and try to access to your shop thanks to your domain name. Then, it should become active.

Thanks for using our solution, we keep at your disposal,Regards

Technical supportPhone / Téléphone : +33 (0)1 40 18 30 04 www.prestashop.com

I checked, and my domains were still there with the error status. I have just deleted them, and I will wait 30 min and check if they are added automatically again, if not, I will add them manually. I hope it works!

EDIT: I´ve removed the domain several times again, without adding it. It just keeps coming up automatically. I will keep an eye on this for the next couple of hours and keep on deleting them when they come. Hopefully it will stop at some point, and then I can add it manually again.

**************Update***************

After a few days of unsuccessfully trying to add my domain, I decided to delete my store and try again with a new one.

It´s about 18 hours ago I added the domain to my shop (once), and the status is still saying "In progress", and if I click the "Options" I don´t have anything, not even the delete option.

I´m getting a little frustrated with this, and that the only answer in the support ticket basically just said "try again".

Any response from Prestashop? I can see that you were fast at responding to someone else who also had problems with this.

• Like 1