PS Cloud - using existing Theme

I'm playing around with the PS Cloud and want to use my existing theme, it seems there is now a limitation. "Can I add my own theme? Please note that for security reasons, you can only add themes that are being distributed on PrestaShop Addons, the official marketplace."

ADD A NEW THEME

To add a new theme, simply connect to your PrestaShop Addons account and all your purchases will be automatically imported.

There is also this, which for some reason is not as it was previously where you could just upload your custom theme:

CREATE A NEW THEME (ADVANCED)

Duplicate an existing theme and edit it; or create a new theme from scratch! Recommended for advanced users only.

Only options I can really find in here are how many products do you want displayed and left or right columns. Then add a preview image of your store but not where to upload the actual template.

​Has anyone used and existing template successfully yet?

• Like 1

I thought the cloud model for PS was a great idea, that's a deal breaker for me.  If I don't host a site with my own template $0.00 comes from add ons to PS. It would easy to do a cost comparison vs the other cloud based competitors and take some bigger market share as they charge for some really basic functionality via monthly expensive add ons + fees on sales.

Just found this, "Free? For real? PrestaShop Cloud and PrestaShop Download are entirely free and ready to support your ecommerce activities. PrestaShop earns money through modules-specific features-you can add to your store using our marketplace, PrestaShop Addons (it's like the Apple Store for iPhone or the Play Store for Android)." https://www.prestashop.com/en/ecommerce-software (I can't seem to find where it limits BYO template or migrating and existing store).

Since you don't have access to the DB in the cloud I'll have to look in to my paid module Store Manager pro also to see if that's supported.

Is there actual more detailed info on the service such as security/PCI etc?

I would have no issue paying for a cloud service such as others available as they have limitations with limited feature upgrades and the expensive monthly modules. But I can buy a template, pay a monthly fee, import products and I'm up and running, for my smaller shops it's less painful. This new Cloud means if PS don't have a template I like I need to pay someone to customize or do myself. PS full functionality on a cloud would kill Bigcommerce and Shopify.

I have a few sites one is PS, another two we moved to cloud and would bring back to PS if I could choose and use whatever template I wanted. 

well, partially i agree.

prestashop should at least allow to use solutions shared for free, here on community board. It's my opinion.

if prestashop cloud service will provide feature to use free themes that aren't available on official store, it will be no1 e-commerce cloud solution around the internet

Guess I'm talking about the PS Themes also from other sites and designers not just the free ones. A lot would have already paid for these. Bicommerce's lack of suitable templates was the main reason I didn't go with them for the smaller sites. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

hello

on prestashop clound, as long as theme you have will not be available on official addons store you will not be able to use it there.

you will not be able to use also free modules created by community.

hello

on prestashop clound, as long as theme you have will not be available on official addons store you will not be able to use it there.

you will not be able to use also free modules created by community.

So It means that if I download the local host to my computer I will be able to use my theme??? please advise me.

Thank you!!!!