ebay module 1.9.2 bugs

trippodo

after the very last update from 1.9.1 to 1.9.2 we have to point out the following bugs

- the module is not syncronizing the product already listed but only new products

- our ebay shop's category cannot be downloaded anymore and obviously cannot be sync

- the CRON setup cannot be applied

- the CRON sync is not working

- if an item runs out of stock you cannot create a new order even if prestashop allows you to do so (if the item gets restocked still you cannot create a new order and the log reports ORDER ALREADY IMPORTED). the only solution is to cancel the the order number from the mysql table ps_ebay_order manually and import the order again.

we have prestashop 1.6.0.11, OVH dedicated server and over 20.000 items in our listing

Please help

Edited by sevenstore (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi there, I'm using prestashop 1.6.0.9 and have the same problem with ebay shop categories (I'm waiting reply on forum and also from the developer since 1 week) and with synch products, I saw that if I synch an older product, a new listing is created.

Another problem I found is with varients. If a customer buy the same product with 2 different varients A and B, a new order will created in prestashop but there appear only 1 varient with 2 quantity bought.

Ex.
Buy 1x product A and 1 for product B.
A new order is created with 2x product A

Hope sombody outhere can help us.

• Like 1

Guest Bijoux Kassandra

Bonsoir,

Ce module n'était pas installé,comme j'ai repris en main ma boutique ebay,je me suis dit: puisque presta va fonctionner aussi,pourquoi ne pas lier les deux.

GROS PROBLEME,il n'a jamais réussi à aller plus loin que lier ma boutique ebay,et c'est tout,depuis plus de 2h00,le sablier tourne,tourne et n'arrête pas de tourner,et vous,avez vous réussi à l'installer,je suis automatiquement identifiée à ma boutique ebay,lorsque je clique ou reclique sur:

Si vous avez été déconnecté d'eBay et non pas redirigé vers la page de configuration, merci de cliquer ici

We have the same issue here. the ebay store categories can not be loaded.

However there is another bug in the product price synchronisation:

If I go into a existing product, then add a new special price in the "specific prices" tab, and click "save" it will synchronise... however if I change the special price (remove the price & add a new one..) it will not sync the new price. The price on ebay stays full price then.

Even the cron can not sync this after calling it manually...

Only if I go back into the product and save it again... it will sync.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've only just installed this module (1.9.2) but it's extremely buggy. Is there a better alternative module?

These are the issues I've found:

1. Default eBay template is terrible but no way to edit HTML code. Any ideas?

2. We added 100 new products to the site and without warning the eBay module decided to upload everyone to eBay even though I tried to make sure that didn't happen by setting the sync option to CRON, which I haven't configured. The problem is that new items are defaulted to upload to eBay and by the time you go in and manually untick each one they've already been uploaded. They should be unticked by default!

3. eBay order received and customer is imported into PS but not the order. Under "Order history" tab it summarises the eBay order and says Status Import : KO Failure details : Order already imported. So why isn't the order showing in the PS orders section?

4. Missing features:

a. Enter MPN using PS reference field

b. Enter EAN using PS EAN-13 field

c. Enter Brand using PS manufacturer field

d. Enter Applicable VAT rate for each product - I need every product set to 20%

e. Set Type as Genuine / Original

f. Set delivery to free for items over £120 (this rule is set within PS but the eBay module doesn't seem to pick up on it)

g. Within the "Categories and pricing" tab I need to see the PS reference number so I can enable/disable specific products.

h. Within the "Categories and pricing" tab I need a button to Select and Deselect all products to be listed on eBay within a category.

On Wednesday afternoon I tried calling 202 Ecommerce on their French number (hoping someone would speak English) but it rang out to voicemail.

I'd be interested if anyone could help me with any of the points I've mentioned because I need a working solution even if it's a paid for one.

I raised these issues on forge: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-3325

Cheers

Nick

Edited by n_s_simpson (see edit history)

I've figured out a workaround to stop products uploading...

1. Go into the module's synchronization settings.

2. Select "Sync the products only in selected categories".

3. Untick the category the product you're adding is going to be in. (For me that's Root > Home).

4. Add product.

5. Untick that product within the "Categories and pricing" tab within general settings.

6. Go back in the the sync options and turn on the category.

Not ideal but seems to work.

Another issue I've noticed is that in Explorer after unticking products I don't want to upload when the page refreshes they still show as ticked. I've tried refreshing but that doesn't work. However, in Chrome they show as unticked so obviously a caching issue.

To rectify bug e I think eBay's "Turbo Lister" program may do the trick. I'm just going to try it now and hope that the eBay module doesn't wipe the changes when it syncs.

Has anyone got any helpful suggestions on how to get around the other problems I have? Perhaps there's a better eBay module I should try.

For ones that have issue with ebay store categories we suggest you look around Cache. Mostly of all module cache list of categories that have on ebay. So this cache need to be reset to correctly get list of it. 

At least we can suggest try to re-add account to module. 

Hi Involic, I was referring to the 202 Ecommerce eBay module. I haven't tried your module.

Hi. Yes we understand. This tips is not for our module. In case there not currently working solution from 202 Ecommerce we try to provide some workaround that can help you and other users to solve issue. Sorry for misunderstanding. 

Does your module work better than 202's?

Sorry we not possible promote our module there. If you interested back to us by email [email protected] we will provide you more information about our module.

Also you can ask any question at our forum thread https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/113270-module-prestabay-prestashop-ebay-integration-ukusitfres-and-other-marketplaces/

• 2 weeks later...

202 commerce support is dreadful. I've phoned, emailed and sent PMs via the marketplace.

On the odd occasion they have supported me they left debug routines switched on ON MY LIVE SITE!!!

Anyway, my main issues with this module are:

* Not all selected products/categories are synced

* The module randomly logs into eBay and lowers pricing by 20%

It's so close to being a great module, but the flaws are major and the support poor. Such a shame.

I had a coder edit the module to allow html editing by the way for the template.

Regards,

chris

http://www.PROtastic.co.uk

Examples of this app logging in of it's own accord:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&item=131464900299&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2569

How can 202 Commerce be eBay and Presta accredited?