Wishlist without login

Hello

Does nobody have the feeling that there should be like wishlist without a login? 

I noticed this by shopping myself. On some shops this is possible. Thats very nice when you are not sure if you want to buy and what exactly to buy. 

We often notice that some use the cart for that. But thats actually not the idea. It makes it also harder to understand why people doesn't finish their order.

So I would wish basically a module where people can save products without login. Ofc this can only work with cookies, but I think thats a good idea.

What do you think?

If you are not logged in and your cookies expire, your wishlist will be worthless as it will be a wishlist without any connected computer/IP/person. I think that's why it is only for registered users.

If you want to have a wishlist for non-registered user, you still have to figure out which user's wishlist this is and the only way to do it is to leave something in users cookie or save in the database. If user is not registered, you will be able to show a wishlist to them only while their cookies does not expire. After that you will not be able to identify customer and customer will need to create another wishlist.

You could try to solve this using Ip, but remember that many users can have the same IP.

I know that it is only possible to save products for an user till his cookie expires. But that is basically enough. We have a lot of customer they come first time. Look a bit around and think what could be interesting for them. Some days or hours later they maybe come again and want to buy. But this people don't want to register an account on first visit to save their favorite products.

I totally agree that for registred customer, the wishlist is the right way to do it. But so many people are annoyed of doing an account. Even if they buy something a high percentage prefers to buy as a guest!

Thats why I thought about this idea. Would be intersting to know, what other store owners think.

I agree on some cases with you, however I do not think this functionality will be added soon to the core. You might try to find a module that does this. In addition, I think it should not be that hard to modify the default blockwishlist to add this functionality

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Guys I found something like this https://addons.prestashop.com/pl/lista-zycze-karta-podarunkowa/7206-bookmark-products.html

https://youtu.be/nvssL1oWn5I

After few days of configuration to my needs I made it working with all I want :) It was hard but it is working, I made this working even with cache from jpresta.

Edited by hakeryk2 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...