theme configurator not adding new images

I wanted to change my images within the theme configurator but it no longer works. I get the following error:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module themeconfigurator:
Call to undefined method Tools::purifyHTML()

I upgraded the module a few days ago so my guess the recent upgrade is at fault. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I've tried resetting the module but this did not work so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the module but this also failed so I've had to disable the module for the time being.

Edited by tiberius (see edit history)

I'm using PS 1.6.0.6. I have theme configurator module version 1.1.8 but I don't know which one it was before, I presume 1.1.7.

I've checked some other modules and I can change images in the slider and banner, for instance so it looks like it is just the theme configurator that is not working.

please check also if you have override of tools.php file located in overrides/classes/tools.php

if it is there - replace contents of file located in this directory.

raw paste data is the same code as i attached, just don't care about it.

I do not have tools.php in overrides/classes/tools.php. However, I added a copy of tools.php there to see what would happen but it made no difference.

I searched for an old version of the theme configurator and found a link on these forums to version 1.1.4. I've uploaded this to the server and the theme configurator now works. I've been able to replace all the default fashion images for my own successfully.

I think the safest think to do is NOT upgrade any of the modules and just do a major program update instead. I'll keep this set up until version 1.8.

Thanks for your help, anyway.

Edited by tiberius (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Theme configurator v.1.1.8 doesn't work properly: I can't change images at TOP, I can't enable other blocks.

I haven't got any error information in the Front Office, only white places with question marks on my hompage. In Back Office I see new images.

Is there any problem??

My PrestaShop version 1.6.0.9

Edited by kmikruta (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I cant edit my theme configurator module, I want to insert new images and change the target links but when i open the module settings and I click edit on a picture it opens up and closes, not even allowing me to edit anything. I uninstalled the module and installed it back, i updated the module but stil the same thing is happening. I am using Prestashop 1.6.0.9 n my theme configurator module is version 2.0.0. Please note I am running Multistore

Edited by Ed_03 (see edit history)