Discount Voucher - Buy One Get One Half Price

Hi guys, 

Need your help.  I am trying to setup a discount voucher for a Category of products.  If a person purchases One item of a category, he will get the second item of the same category for half price.

Eg.

1 x Large Yankee Candle at $10

1 x Large Yankee Candle at $5

I can do it with discount % 50% on "Cheapest Product" selected, but how do I apply this if a person buys

more than 1 item.

So they want to purchase 2 at regular price and 2 at discounted price

2 x Large Yankee Candle at $10

2 x Large Yankee Candle at $5

and not...

3 x Large Yankee Candle at $10

1 x Large Yankee Candle at $5

Hope that makes sense? 

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I was looking to set up the same offer and always face problem that only 1 product was reduced. I found my own way around this problem and set up offer Buy 1 Get 2nd half price it works 1+1(-50%), 2+2(-50%), 4+4(-50%) and so on....Offer works automatic when customer put to shopping cart 2 (4/6/8..) products from special offer category. No need for some vouchers (they can be created if prefered) or any extra paid modules! Please check this at https://shoesquare.ie/ and if that what you are looking to set up, please let me know and will be more than happy to tell you how to set up this type of offer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I was looking to set up the same offer and always face problem that only 1 product was reduced. I found my own way around this problem and set up offer Buy 1 Get 2nd half price it works 1+1(-50%), 2+2(-50%), 4+4(-50%) and so on....Offer works automatic when customer put to shopping cart 2 (4/6/8..) products from special offer category. No need for some vouchers (they can be created if prefered) or any extra paid modules! Please check this at https://shoesquare.ie/ and if that what you are looking to set up, please let me know and will be more than happy to tell you how to set up this type of offer.

Hi Panimagda, I'm struggling with the same problem and the solution on your website seems to work quite fine. I'd be very grateful if you can provide info on how you did this.

I have solution to this problem not a 100% perfect but 99% :)

To set up promo buy 1 get 2nd half price or any other discount % or amount (buy 2 get 3rd and 4th half price and so on) you need to go to your Back office-Price rules-Cart rules. In Cart rules click on ADD new cart rule. In information tab fill in name and description as you need. Now important thing if you want this promo to be available to all and apply automatically at the checkout don't create discount code (leave field "CODE"empty) . Set highlight to "NO" and Partial use to "NO" as well!

Now "Priority" most important and complicated to explain rule please try to understand and focus. this is where the magic first step happen!!!

You must think how many items your customer can purchase (with 1+1 half price discount). What I mean by this is 1+1 half price (that is 1 multiply) 2+2 half price (that is 2 multiply) 3+3 half price (that is 3rd multiply) and so on. Simply you must decide where is maximum multiply qty for your promo for example every customer can buy maximum 5+5 (half price) or 10+10 (half price) it is important because you will need to create as many similar rules as many times your customers can buy maximum purchase qty. ?(hope you will understand this if still confuse please read more). For this example I assume we have shoes in high heels category €10 each and want to sell them in offer Buy 1 Get 2nd Half price and maximum customers can buy 4+4 half price. we will need to create 4 multi buy rules but WE WILL HAVE 5 PRIORITY RULES!!!! It is important to remember that sometimes you will have some customers with vouchers or discount codes and they should have priority over other rules. Now how this look in practice. 

To finish set up 1+1 half price we will need to set up priority 5! (if we decide to have max 10+10 h/p for the first lowest rule 1+1 h/p we will need to set up priority 11! and so on always 1 extra!)

Now next tab "conditions" you can "limit this rule to a single customer" or live it empty to apply to all. "Valid" you can set up start and end date for your promotion. "minimum amount" it is up to you to decide about settings here. I only recommend set up "tax included" Total available is also up to you and your needs for example 100 total available for each customer is up to you I will set up 3 as max (it mean each customer can come back up to 3 times and buy products with this offer). Now restrictions are really up to you. I leave country, carrier and customer groups empty as want all people to be able to avail of this offer (You can narrow this offer only to register customers from UK if you wish) Now "compatibility with other cart rules" remove all other rules you don't want to work with this offer. Now "product" you MUST pick a product or products or whole category/categories for this offer. For this example I will pick shoes high heels category.

Now "Action tab" Apply discount % , Value 50%, Apply discount to cheapest product. NOW  SAVE. As you see it was normal set up only one difference was rule priority as I set it up as 5! Now this offer will work as 1+1 h/p and cheaper product will be reduced -50%. Now we need to set up another rule 2+2 h/p

All settings are the same but this time PRIORITY must be set up to 4!!!! (this is a higher number and it will over rite 1+1 hp rule) All conditions must be set up like before.

Now "Actions" for this second rule. If all your products cost the same for example €10 simply pick Amount discount and set up as €10 (2x€10+2x€5=30) Customer will pay €30 save €10 perfect. and set "Apply discount to" order without shipping (because your customer can buy more items not related to this offer)

Now we need to set up next rule 3+3 h/p all settings will be same like in last rule but priority MUST be set up as 3 it will over ride rule 1+1 h/p and 2+2 h/p. All other settings are the same only at the end set up Amount discount as €15 (3x€10+3x€5) Customer pay €45 save €15

Now we need to set up next rule 4+4 h/p all settings will be same like in last rule but priority MUST be set up as 2 it will over ride rule 1+1 h/p and 2+2 h/p and 3+3 h/p. All other settings are the same only at the end set up Amount discount as €20 (4x€10+4x€5) Customer pay €60 save €20

Remember that your last (highest rule, in this case 4+4 h/p) rule, must finish with priority 2.  Priority 1 will be for all other vouchers you will give to your customers.

It is quite simple setting only when all your multi buy products cost for customers the same. What to do when products have DIFFERENT PRICES and you want your customers be able to mix and match any of them but get discount for the cheaper one on one's. For example some products cost €10, some €15 and some €17. You have 2 choices 

I recommend this one: Create new categories (subcategories-you don't need to display them for customers) for all same prices it mean category €10, category €15 and category €17 Next create rules for each category as above. But this time you Must make sure that all rules work together "Conditions-Compatibility with other rules" 

You will have rules 1+1 and 2+2 and 3+3 and 4+4 for all categories €10 and €15 and €17 in that case when your customer will buy for example  products 6 x €10 and 4 x €15 and 2 x €17 he will pay 6 x €10(3x€10+3x€5) and 4x€15(2x€15+2x€7.5) and2x€17(1x€17+1x€8.5)

I Hope you can understand this :)

There is a second option for multi buy discount when customer is buying more than 2 products and they have different prices. If you don't want to create new categories for the same prices you can keep all of them in one "bag" but that case you need to set up in "Actions" % discount for your rules  % should be set as total order and be 2+2(-25%) 3+3(-25%) 4+4(-25%) in this case we assume best scenario that you have high margin products and you are ready to loose a little bit more. if your customer will buy 3x€10+1x€15 he will get in total a little bit more discount as discount is (-25% from total order) You should only use this setting when you are afford to loose little bit more. This rule will be with benefit to customers buying mix of more and less expensive products.

Hope this will help.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...