After upgrade to Prestashop 1.6.0.11 back office drop menus are not working!

kax

After 1 click upgrade to Prestashop 1.6.0.11 back office drop menus are not working!! Before everything was working fine but after the installation only the main categories are working and not the subcategories for example if I "Click on the Preferences tab it will only take me to the General tab directly and will not show me other sub-categories to navigate to menus more menus such as Maintenance etc.

post-851941-0-46462500-1420733931_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hi,

Have you cleared browser cache? Try accessing BO from chrome incognito mode.

I had similar issue but tried in chrome it worked fine... so I knew it had to be a browser/cache issue.

HTH!

Yep I've cleared my browser cache, accessed with the chrome incognito mode but no luck. It's not even giving me any drop down menu options at all. when I click on preferences or any other tab it simply takes me to the very first sub-category of that category. Don't know what to do.

Edited by kax (see edit history)

what browser?  did you try other browsers?

also, go to your 'my preferences'  top right of admin screen

change the menu orientation to top and see if problem still exists.

to me, sounds like a .js issue, using chrome you can ctl+shift+j refresh page and look at console for errors...

Thank You so much for your response, I'm using google chrome and yes I've also tried Apple safari same issue. Tried to change the manu orientation to the top same issue. 

Yes Google chrome gave me a .js error but I can't understand what is that so I'm attaching the screenshot.

post-851941-0-32171100-1420740887_thumb.png

right click view  source, this is what .js is loaded in back office of new 16011 install.  Look and see if you have same.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/modules/gamification/views/js/gamification_bt.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/plugins/fancybox/jquery.fancybox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/plugins/jquery.scrollTo.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/plugins/alerts/jquery.alerts.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/plugins/jquery.chosen.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/plugins/jquery.autosize.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/plugins/growl/jquery.growl.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.core.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.widget.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.mouse.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.slider.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.datepicker.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/ui/i18n/jquery.ui.datepicker-en.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/admin.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/tools.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/plugins/timepicker/jquery-ui-timepicker-addon.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/vendor/bootstrap.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/vendor/modernizr.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/modernizr-loads.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/vendor/moment-with-langs.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/help.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/notifications.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/modules/dashactivity/views/js/dashactivity.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/date.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/modules/dashtrends/views/js/dashtrends.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/modules/dashgoals/views/js/dashgoals.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/vendor/d3.v3.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/vendor/nv.d3.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/admin-dashboard.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/date-range-picker.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/calendar.js"></script>

• Like 1

I had the same problem upgrading from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.0.11

after upgrade I copied all contents from /admin << new folder created with upgrade

to /adminxxxx

it look like it has created a new admin folder and not put the new files into my existing admin folder /adminxxxx  << where xxxx is typically a four digit number created in previous installs for security.

After I moved the contents of the newly created /admin folder to the old admin folder /adminxxx I deleted the newly created /admin folder and menus now work ok.

test before deleting the newly created /admin folder

Edited by ian_21 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

right click view  source, this is what .js is loaded in back office of new 16011 install.  Look and see if you have same.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/modules/gamification/views/js/gamification_bt.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/plugins/fancybox/jquery.fancybox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/plugins/jquery.scrollTo.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/plugins/alerts/jquery.alerts.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/plugins/jquery.chosen.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/plugins/jquery.autosize.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/plugins/growl/jquery.growl.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.core.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.widget.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.mouse.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.slider.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.datepicker.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/ui/i18n/jquery.ui.datepicker-en.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/admin.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/tools.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/jquery/plugins/timepicker/jquery-ui-timepicker-addon.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/vendor/bootstrap.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/vendor/modernizr.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/modernizr-loads.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/vendor/moment-with-langs.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/help.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/notifications.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/modules/dashactivity/views/js/dashactivity.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/date.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/modules/dashtrends/views/js/dashtrends.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/modules/dashgoals/views/js/dashgoals.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/vendor/d3.v3.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/vendor/nv.d3.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/js/admin-dashboard.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/date-range-picker.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/16011/admin16011/themes/default/js/calendar.js"></script>

HERE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE AT MY END:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/modules/gamification/views/js/gamification_bt.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/plugins/fancybox/jquery.fancybox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/modules/riskified/js/riskified.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/plugins/jquery.scrollTo.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/plugins/alerts/jquery.alerts.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/plugins/jquery.chosen.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/plugins/jquery.autosize.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/plugins/growl/jquery.growl.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.core.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.widget.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.mouse.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.slider.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.datepicker.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/ui/i18n/jquery.ui.datepicker-en.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/admin.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/tools.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery/plugins/timepicker/jquery-ui-timepicker-addon.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/psadmin/themes/default/js/vendor/bootstrap.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/psadmin/themes/default/js/vendor/modernizr.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/psadmin/themes/default/js/modernizr-loads.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/psadmin/themes/default/js/vendor/moment-with-langs.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/psadmin/themes/default/js/help.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/notifications.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/modules/dashactivity/views/js/dashactivity.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/date.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/modules/dashtrends/views/js/dashtrends.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/modules/dashgoals/views/js/dashgoals.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/vendor/d3.v3.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/psadmin/themes/default/js/vendor/nv.d3.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/admin-dashboard.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/psadmin/themes/default/js/date-range-picker.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/psadmin/themes/default/js/calendar.js"></script>

also, I am sure the PS developers are watching forge for issues,

open issue here: http://forge.prestashop.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

post back here the forge link so others can follow, vote up, comment

Here's what's wrong: /public_html/psadmin/themes/default "Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS" 

By the way, may be it is also connected:

Statistics at the BO panel also does not work at all. Just signs with arrows (updating or loading).

After upgrading PS to 1.6.0.11 through one click installation I've also manually copied all the new files through FTP but still no luck, I can't even rollback to the older version 1.6.0.9 it's simply not rolling back, and also in my case "Advanced perimeters > List of changed files" isn't showing me anything but just the arrow rolling all the time, and also in "Modules>1 click upgrade>version comparison" also not loading anything but just the arrows rolling. 

I hope PS team will come out with some kind of solution very soon.

Maybe I've found a solution.

At my server the is optimisation option (combine_javascript). After deactivation everything began working fine.
So, I think it was a problem.
Will experiment with it to verify such solution is working.
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

Prestashop: 1.6.0.11
PHP: 5.4.35
Apache: 2.4.10

I have just installed 1.6.0.11 on my test server using the one-click upgrade, installation and back up completed fine without any problems. But I am now experiencing the exact same problem as on this thread.

I've tried what Tanatus suggested but without success, I also tried various on/off combinations in the Performance / CCC menu but also without success.

I see a forge report has already been opened so i'm guessing this effect a few people… has anyone found a fix yet?

Hi Guys,

Prestashop: 1.6.0.11

PHP: 5.4.35

Apache: 2.4.10

I have just installed 1.6.0.11 on my test server using the one-click upgrade, installation and back up completed fine without any problems. But I am now experiencing the exact same problem as on this thread.

I've tried what Tanatus suggested but without success, I also tried various on/off combinations in the Performance / CCC menu but also without success.

I see a forge report has already been opened so i'm guessing this effect a few people… has anyone found a fix yet?

It is definitely not the CCC issue.

It is somehow connected with Java, but still a bit confused with the cause.

The strange thing that it touches only (if I didn't miss something) BO. FO seems to work fine.

Edited by Tanatus (see edit history)

Existing open forge ticket for this issue:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-4259

lol. you mean the one they closed because they could not reproduce the issue. 

Amazing how they do that.  An obvious problem effecting users in the real world, yet instead of reaching out and trying to help, they close the forge report and provide not help at all.

Way to go guys...

• Like 2

I just created a native 1562 shop to do some testing, I had issue with drop down menus.

I uninstalled module 'onboarding' and this resolved the issue.

Could someone test this and see if this resolves your issue.

el

NOTE: back office-->advanced parms-->performance...CCC | Minify | Compress inline Java | Move javascript to the bottom (are for Front Office Only)  see my module bozoom for similar back office features.

• Like 2

I just created a native 1562 shop to do some testing, I had issue with drop down menus.

I uninstalled module 'onboarding' and this resolved the issue.

Could someone test this and see if this resolves your issue.

el

NOTE: back office-->advanced parms-->performance...CCC | Minify | Compress inline Java | Move javascript to the bottom (are for Front Office Only)  see my module bozoom for similar back office features.

I tested your method, didn't work out for me. The only way I escaped from this problem that I went to my hosting and restore the website files which also mean it overwritten my current files and locations. Then I performed an upgrade again and came across with the same issue "Drop menus not working" then I had to restore my website files again and rightnow I'm enjoying working with my old PS 1.6.0.9 and Gosh I can't explain the joy of getting my website up and running same like before. I thinks everything has to do with that one module called "1 Click upgrade" I think that module is not compatible with some of the hosting companies server configuration, PHP, Sql etc. I'm using bluehost hosting and seems like whenever I perform an upgrade that module doesn't work properly all the time and give me errors on each and every upgrade and this time it totally failed to perform a successful upgrade.

• Like 1

Hi,

I've had the same issue, but not for Firefox or IE. So with firefox I changed in no the CCC options for compressing javascript and html, then I clear my chrome cache with ctrl + F5 (I was logged with the option "stay connect" or similar flagged).

Finally it works for me, please try this and tell me if it's ok.

After the problem was solved, I restored the original CCC options, clear one more time the cache and it still works.

Luca

Edited by LucaPresta (see edit history)

Thanks Luca, you're definitely going on my Christmas card list, think you might of just cracked this... right here's what I know so far...

Prestashop 1.6.0.9
All browers that i've tried seem to work

Prestashop 1.6.0.11
Firefox for Mac - No Menus
Chrome for Mac -  Menus
Safari for Mac - Menus

Firefox for PC - Menus
Internet Explorer for PC - Menus

So what this told me was the menus appeared ok in all browser and both version of Prestashop except for the browser that I used to do the new installation. So went into my browser preferences and cleared the Cache Web Content & User Data, and then, just like magic the drop down menus appeared.... Luca you legend!!!

OK, i'll update that open forge ticket with this but could someone else that having this same problem try this fix and report back then hopefully we can close this thread.

• Like 1

Just a thought, but when you did the auto update using the 1-click upgrade module, when it was complete, it did warn you that you need to clear your browsers cache.

You need to realize that most websites utilize some form of caching (images, javascript, css, etc), because those things rarely change, so it is more efficient to cache them.

However that becomes trouble when you need to update them, because you need to ensure caches are forced cleared.

DotMedia I'm just a fortunate one but happy to help :)

bellini13 I've tried to clean the cache of chrome but for me it wasn't enough. I'm quiet sure that to solve the problem you have set "no" to the compression of javascript and html in CCC configuration, then clean the cache and after it works, you can reset the optimization of the two options to yes. I've done for all the three environment I've configured. This was the behaviour for me and now I think also for DotMedia.

If the problem is solved for all, please mark the topic as solved to help others find the solution. Thank you.