Module development for older versions (1.5.0.1)

teomor

I am trying to develop a small module that is supposed to work on PrestaShop 1.5.0.1 and I am having some trouble with the simple creation of a page in the admin.

This is my install code:

$parent_tab = new Tab();
$parent_tab->name[$this->context->language->id] = $this->l('Test Title');
$parent_tab->class_name = 'AdminTestModuleMain';
$parent_tab->module = $this->name;
$parent_tab->id_parent = 0;
$parent_tab->add();

and in my module folder I have created a 'controllers/admin/AdminTestModuleMain.php' file with the following code:

class AdminTestModuleMainController extends AdminController
{
}

The newly created admin tab shows up (as a separate tab in the menu) but when I click on it I get a fatal error:

Fatal error: Class 'AdminTestModuleMainController' not found in /var/www/classes/Controller.php on line 115

I have tried different names for the class, for the controller file, deleting the class_index.php file, disabling cache and also tried to install the module on 1.5.4.0 (and the menu doesn't even show up).

I also downloaded a simple addon (that is compatible with 1.5.0.1) from the marketplace and installed it and I get the same fatal error (class not found). I did the same thing with this module in 1.5.4.0 and this module works there.... I don't understand what is going on.. :(

Edited by teomor (see edit history)

That doesn't work for me. I need the module to create the admin tab, not the user. This will be a free module that people will install and just work.
Anyway, the tab shows up, but the page returns a fatal error. That's my main issue... Somehow, the controller is not registered in the system..

Do you mean that there a specific naming convention for older versions that I am anware of?

PS: this class called ModuleAdminController that I encounter all over the forums, does not exist in 1.5.0.1

I have no idea what this is...

PPS: I have tried your suggestions and they don't work.

By the way, my admin tab works in 1.5.1.0 but doesn't in 1.5.0.1
I would hate to try every other version in between to find out which one works and which one doesn't and I couldn't find anything relevant in the change logs...

• 4 months later...