File manager fatal error

Hello!

I was trying to upload an image to the description of a product (catalog>products>description), as well as to the description of the category, using the standard PS link/file manager of the description box. However I get the following message and cannot upload anything:

FILE MANAGER

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() inD:\Inetpub\webs\DOMAINNAME\shop\adminXX\filemanager\config\config.php on line 3

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have similar problem with file manager.

I've created additional accounts for some employees that should be allowed just to add and edit posts in PrestaBlog module. Unfortunately when they try to add new file (like image) or choose one via FileManager then "fatal error" pops out (like this). I guess there is something wrong with given permissions (screenshot), on SuperAdmin profile all works fine.

Is there any way to fix that?

My PS is 1.6.0.14

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

I have exactly the same problem as Szkudi with File Manager.

My module for blogging is "Blog for Prestashop" and my PS version is 1.6.0.11.

Any idea to deal with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have the same problem as Szkudi and Xab: fatal error in File Manager when trying to upload images from an employee account.

The strange thing is that if I enter to that employee account from another computer, File Manager works perfectly.

I can't understand why... This happens in Prestablog module (version 3.6.5)

Any idea?

Thank you.

I'm using Prestashop 1.5.1.5

• 1 year later...

Ok, maybe it's a little late for a fix for "fatal error" message showing in file manager, but I've found a solution (or maybe a workaround) and it can help for the future..

It seems filemanager is checking user permissions for some content. In filemanager/config/config.php file around line 15 there is:

$products_accesses = Profile::getProfileAccess(Context::getContext()->employee->id_profile, Tab::getIdFromClassName('AdminProducts'));
$cms_accesses = Profile::getProfileAccess(Context::getContext()->employee->id_profile, Tab::getIdFromClassName('AdminCmsContent'));

if (!$products_accesses['edit'] && !$cms_accesses['edit']) {
    die(Tools::displayError());
}

after deleting "if" condition everything works just fine.