Standard message not sent

CJH

Using 1.6.0.6

The order page has the ability to send a predefined message to a customer by email, or even to write a new message, Emails sent to the site appear as they should, and emails sent from the contact page arrive (and replies go out correctly). But, when a message is sent (with 'display to customer' set to Yes), although Prestashop states that the message was sent to the customer, nothing happens.

What controls these emails? Since the normal contact page works and replies go out, why does this not work? Are there different settings controlling this section of Back Office?

I've only just discovered that none of the emails sent for several months have actually arrived! I need to solve this!

• 3 weeks later...

I also had emails not sending.   My problem was I had not set up the MX records for my domain, with my host.   Once I did that, mail worked.

Thanks - do you mean the fields at the bottom of the emails, under Customer Service Options? The IMAP fields? I looked at these but couldn't figure out what data to fill them in with. But you seem to mean there is something at the isp that has to be set up - sorry, but it sounds as though you have solved what I have not, but I'm still confused exactly what to do.