[Solved] Really need SSL for admin panel and account creation

hydra

Hi,

Before i can use this great software, there really need to be support SSL for account creation and for admin panel access.

I think it is not sensible to have users give there personal info without any safeguards like SSL.

Is there any planning for including SSL in the nearby future?

Ronald.

Hi,

If i don't use SSL for my admin panel i am affraid that i will be hacked within hours.

Also a lot of customers demand SSL for account creation and things like that.

Consumer groups are also advising/informing the public only to buy on internet using secure shops.

I now use the Presta admin panel with SSL using a redirect, but that does not work with account creation and checkout.

Well you did mention that you are planning to include it in the final version so i will just wait and finish the Dutch translation  ;)

Ronald.

Hydra raises some valid points.

I would be more confident will an SSL admin and account areas. Indeed I know many people that ALWAYS check this before buying online, even when payments are handled externally for instance PayPal. Many magazines insist that people use them. When you say some people dont understand SSL, then my reply to that is, they should NOT be in e commerce then. In an age where identity theft and trust issues surrounding on line transactions are in the consumers minds, then as a responcible web developer or e commerce site should use SSL. In my opinion anyway  ;D

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with James and Hydra.  If SSL is not a part of Presta, it will never be a viable player in the ecom community.  It is a must have for real online stores.  Data passed without SSL is just plain text floating around the web.  Not an option for Credit Card transactions.

Thanks for making such a great product so far.  Looking forward to 1.0

Hi all,

SSL will take place in PrestaShop in a few weeks :)

In my last message about SSL, I was saying most of merchants simply don't know what is a SSL certificate and how to set up it in Apache. Moreover, in Europe just a few hosting provider supply this service. That's why in France, 98% of banks are providing a dedicated external page for payment, with SSL, and merchants never store credit card information.

However, I guess France is not the only one country on earth! :D :D I completely agree with the fact SSL is very important and we will implement it!

Thanks for your ideas and comments guys

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Glad that there is SSL Support in RC3 however, it only works if you have dedicated SSL.

There is no option to use a shared SSL domain. Will this be implemented in the future?

Any news regarding shared SSL configuration??
I tried myself to edit Link.php and Init.php but that seems not to be enough.
Any info would be appreciated.

Ronald.