Improvements?

Krystian Podemski

Hello,

A few months here allows me noticed that you could add some improvements to the Addons Marketplace:

1. It will be really helpfull to have hour of the message here:

2. How we can add PSD to theme package? For now system checks if package is PrestaShop theme and we need to upload additional assets to themes/our_theme/_SOME_FOLDER - maybe it's good to separate this two things and allows us upload sources and theme separately? 

3. Documentation. Many people complains about not available documentation, we added readme_en.txt and documentation.txt to the theme export package but people still cannot find it. We prefer to have documentation online and have it always fresh, maybe it's good to add field where we can add URL to online documentation?

4. Is there any chance for API where we can check if customer bought our products? For now the only way is contact with us via build-in support system, we would like to provide additional content for theme distributed through our site but only for buyers and also create mechanism to protect our online documentation, also it will be great to have possibility to get some JSON with all purchases, if we are working with other authors and split earnings it will be helpfull :)

I would be grateful for an answer from someone from Addons Team.

Happy new year!

Edited by Krystian Podemski (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As I explained you above, I forwarded all your suggestions to our Addons team. I'm sure you understand that we have lots of improvements to go through :). We agree that the rating system isn't very optimised for contributors, and we are aware of that. The improvement of this system is scheduled, but I can't confirm you any date or period for now.

About your documentation, as you can't post url that redirects to a website, I advise you to post a video, like this one: http://bit.ly/1ElZwXV

• Like 1

Thanks, the most important for us as an authors of theme is giving buyers access to assets like slider to import. PSD package etc. for now we need to upload these files into theme package and this is not a best approach because people trying to install theme manually without using default installation mechanism :)

• Like 1

Thanks, the most important for us as an authors of theme is giving buyers access to assets like slider to import. PSD package etc. for now we need to upload these files into theme package and this is not a best approach because people trying to install theme manually without using default installation mechanism :)

Yes i agree to that, and i have suggest it some time ago too, or at least increase the file size limit on addons from 8mb to at least 20.