multiple select from the module and get them in the input

I am doing a small module in Prestashop. In that module I have used multiselect with helperform. So my code is like this

array(
'type' => 'select',
'cols' => 8,
'class' => 'chosen-product-selct selected_products ',
'multiple' => true,
'label' => $this->l('Selected Products'),
'name' => 'selected_products[]',
'options' => array(
'query' => $product_query,
'id' => 'id',
'name' => 'product_name'
),
'desc' => $this->l('Select products from products list.'),
),

Here I am saving those multiselected values to the database. But when I am doing edit no saved values has been selected in the box. The box is totally empty.

for getting the result I am doing this

public function getConfigFieldsValues() {
'selected_products[]' => Tools::getValue('selected_products', Configuration::get('selected_products')),
}

Its not showing the values that has been entered.So can someone tell me how to solve this issue? Any help and suggestions will be really appreciable. Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi, here is some info that may help.

Assuming the multiselect input defined as above, $product_query shall be set before the definition with the array of the products that will be proposed to selection (incl. at least fields 'id' and 'product_name'). This is how the box will be populated.

Then, before generating the form, the helper variables shall be set as e.g.

$this->helper->tpl_vars['fields_value']['selected_products[]'] = explode(';', Configuration::get('SELECTED_PRODUCTS'));

This is how the products will be pre-selected (according to the current config) when opening the form.

As values in Configuration are made of text, the stored string is transformed to the array of pres-selected ids.

And finally, somewhere in postProcess, the new selection can be stored as configuration as e.g.

Configuration::updateValue('SELECTED_PRODUCTS', implode(';', Tools::getValue('selected_products')));

Just the opposite, the array of selected ids is transformed into a string that can be stored in Configuration.

Note that the final '[]' is used for the name of input and the helper setter, but not for the Tools getter.

A little bit confusing, isn't it?

Regards

Edited by erouvier29 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi, here is some info that may help.

Assuming the multiselect input defined as above, $product_query shall be set before the definition with the array of the products that will be proposed to selection (incl. at least fields 'id' and 'product_name'). This is how the box will be populated.

Then, before generating the form, the helper variables shall be set as e.g.

$this->helper->tpl_vars['fields_value']['selected_products[]'] = explode(';', Configuration::get('SELECTED_PRODUCTS'));

This is how the products will be pre-selected (according to the current config) when opening the form.

As values in Configuration are made of text, the stored string is transformed to the array of pres-selected ids.

And finally, somewhere in postProcess, the new selection can be stored as configuration as e.g.

Configuration::updateValue('SELECTED_PRODUCTS', implode(';', Tools::getValue('selected_products')));

Just the opposite, the array of selected ids is transformed into a string that can be stored in Configuration.

Note that the final '[]' is used for the name of input and the helper setter, but not for the Tools getter.

A little bit confusing, isn't it?

Regards

Hi,

This is not working. Whenever I am closing the form and again reopening the values which has been stored in the input fields are getting lost. Can you share some code for the solution?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...