Hello everyone, I am new here .

Tried to upgrade to prestashop 1.6.0.9 from 1.5.5.0 VIA 1-Click-Upgrade .
I've tried everything. Red manuals and guides, tried to install the 1.5.6 and tried with .zip file via FileZilla but nothing seems to working.

When the installer done with becking up my database, I get an error that some files can't be copied or modify/upgraded.

I tried to deal with the problem VIA FTP FileZilla with permissions but PrestShop's 1 Click module has a list of 5000 files that will be modify through the upgrade process and its an Endless job to set permissions individualy to each and every folder & file.

Maybe I am wrong, but this is the latest error I am getting:
"Error while copying file /admin0776/ajax-tab.php
Error when trying to upgrade file /admin0776/ajax-tab.php."          Attached screenshot.

more then that, It keeps sending me errors when I tried to Rollback and now my website is under maintanance mode but when I am trying to view it, it's a blank page. I guess due to the upgrade interrapt / files that has been deleted.

So now I can't upgarde NOR rolling back and the website is off  :wacko:
  :( 

(B.T.Y - My Admin Panel in Hebrew - donno if it related..)

PLEASE HELP! 
THANK YOU!

post-716969-0-49905100-1420101071_thumb.jpg

Edited by speedofun (see edit history)

Hi moy2010 - thanks.

I did, I scedualed a meeting with the hosting provider later today.

But it's driving me crazy. NOTHING seems to be working. 

at 1-Click module - the expert mode -do I need to enter at the field only the PS version like : 1.6.0.9 like this?:
"The directory /admin/autoupgrade/latest/prestashop/ will be used for upgrading to version":_______

Thanks again,

Asaf

O.K

So I just finished a phoneCall to my host provider and apperantly I've changed by mistake the main folders premissions to 655 or instead of 777 therefore he couldn't open the admin panel and the website.

Restored it but now a new problem - My website don't run so I put it under maintenance.
I've enabled Error log and trying to access the website and this is the error I am getting:
"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /var/www/vhosts/speedofun.co.il/httpdocs/tools/js_minify/jsmin.php on line 216"

Can someone please tell me what's wrong with the file? I knw some coding and it looks like some "}" is missing in the file. tried to fix it but still the same error.  :wacko:

Edited by Asaf B (see edit history)

Here is the end of the code file - the last line is line 216. it seems that its missing a closing "}" but even when I am adding the "}" the problem insist but instead of "error $end" the syntex error is "}"....

// fallthrough

case self::ACTION_DELETE_A_B:
                $this->b = $this->next();
                if ($this->b === '/' && $this->isRegexpLiteral()) { // RegExp literal
                    $this->output .= $this->a . $this->b;}
                    $pattern = '/'; // in case needed for exception
                    while (true) {
                        $this->a = $this->get();
                        $pattern .= $this->a;
                        if ($this->a === '/')  // end pattern

I am also new here but hope this helps.

I purchased a template and had Prestashop 1.5.6.1 installed and then I attempted 1 click upgrade and the site crashed.

It turns out that the template i brought was not compatible with the latest version of Prestashop. Reinstalled 1.5.6.1 and all good now.

O.K

So I just finished a phoneCall to my host provider and apperantly I've changed by mistake the main folders premissions to 655 or instead of 777 therefore he couldn't open the admin panel and the website.

Restored it but now a new problem - My website don't run so I put it under maintenance.

I've enabled Error log and trying to access the website and this is the error I am getting:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /var/www/vhosts/speedofun.co.il/httpdocs/tools/js_minify/jsmin.php on line 216"

Can someone please tell me what's wrong with the file? I knw some coding and it looks like some "}" is missing in the file. tried to fix it but still the same error.  :wacko:

download 1.6.0.9 from here:

http://www.prestashop.com/en/download

unzip it into a folder

find tools/js_minify/jsmin.php 

and upload to your shop.

note; typical 'good' permissions are 755 folder 644 files.  It is not advised to run with 'any' file/folder permissions of 777

• Like 1

Thanks El!
it worked!

O.K so back to square one. I have my website on 1.5.5.0 and like to upgrade to 1.6.0.6 or /9.

I bought a domain on "GoDaddy" and now what? 

I have a SQL database in zipped file and a replica of my stor's files.

How do I creat an development environmen for my tests? I would like to install the same files and PS Version 1.5.5.0 and try to upgrade the system on this test domain in order to not harm my live website.

How can I do it?
Thank you all!