Bogus Addons Coupon Code?

heavyharmonies

At 4:15 am central time this morning I received an email from [email protected] with the subject line "Take advantage of special offers, and learn some business-boosting tips" and in it are several sections, including at the top a promo code BOXINGDAY for 20% off all payment modules usable until midnight tonight, but when I went to use it I get the error that the code has expired.

What gives? Is Prestashop sending out expired coupons?

I tried calling Presatshop's phone number, but the office is closed for the day.

Then they need to put in the email the time zone they are using to reflect expiration. If they have U.S. offices (which they do, according to the voice message I received when I called the number) and the emails are entirely in English (at least the one I received is), then one would assume that the time/date constraints on the promotions they include in those communications would be based upon times/dates in effect here.

Poor execution.

Hello everybody,

I'm afraid the voucher BOXINGDAY was working from Friday 26th and was supposed to be stopped the same day at midnight, France time. However, the voucher was in reality stopped Sunday at 12am, still France time.

A new mail was sent Monday morning with a new voucher ( BYEBYE2014 ) for all payment module developed by PrestaShop.

Anyway, feel free to call our office in Miami or use our chat to reach our sales team.

have a good day

It doesn't. The BOXINGDAY coupon was (apparently) good for all payment modules, at least it was according to the wording, whereas this one is only good for payment modules developed by Prestashop itself.

When I try to use it on the Stripe module I want to buy, I get an error that it is invalid.

Edited by heavyharmonies (see edit history)