How to view my store during maintenance

YoyoLuke

Hi all,

New to both Prestashop and the Forums, I have tried to search around a bit on the forum (as I am guessing this question has already been asked) but I am unable to find an answer to my question, so posting in here in the hopes that someone might be able to give me some guidance :)

I am still setting up my store - so for the time being have gone via Preferences > Maintenance and selected 'Enable Shop - No' so that users who already know my site address are presented with an 'Under maintenance' cover page.

My question though, is that while this is set, I am unable to check on any visual changes to my store. Now - that may come across as obvious (seeing as I have not got the store enabled) but I had hoped there would be some feature that would allow me to still see the store from the back end (so I can move pieces around, add in modules, etc), is this possible to do? I really don't want to have to keep 'enabling' my store, quickly checking the position of the module, etc, and then quickly popping back into the backend to disable the store again :(

So can anyone help me out please? Is there an easier way of doing this that I am missing?

Many thanks

Luke