Dependencies list

mikewra

Hi, I greatly appreciate the specificity of my prestashop v.1.6.0.9.  It allows for very precise styling and other alterations.  However, I spend an awful lot of time tracking down the various css, php, and tpl files that are required for those changes.  And sometimes, after many hours of effort, I come up empty. 

For instance, to save page load time, I'd love to know what tpl file is associated with the individual manufacturer's product pages that are derived from myhome.com/manufacturers.  I need to set width and height there.  Gtmetrix tells me that this is a high priority for increasing the speed of the page rendering.

I've done a lot of searches for this and found nothing.  Searched for a list of dependencies for prestashop in google and been left in the cold.  Looked at github and was unrewarded.

I removed all caching for the shop, including smart cache for css, etc.  And then used both firefox and chrome to seek out the dependencies, but was left empty handed in this case.

So, is there a way, other than making a post requesting that a PrestaShop afficionado help me out, to find the files that create a page.  It seems like such a silly waste of their valuable time for me to ask but I've always deeply appreciated their quick and accurate responses.

For me, anyway, this is such a need, that if these lists don't exist, I'd volunteer to help create them if given some guidance.

I'm just struggling here to be less of a nudge to those who are better versed in the particulars of prestashop than I am.

go to front office 'any page'

right click page-->view source

review source, here you will see the start and  end of module output

<!-- Block languages module -->
output
<!-- /Block languages module -->

once you identify the module then you can look in the modules/module folder to identify .tpl .css .js etc 

here is link to developers guide, this way you can see how front office content is built

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Developer+Guide

I must be blocking that somehow.  The only modules that I can see are for css in the head, e.g., /themes/default-bootstrap/css/modules/blockviewed/blockviewed.css, and then in the body I've only got /modules/lazyload/img/placeholder.png and module/blockwishlist/mywishlist.  No other modules show up. 

I tried searching the page source for "module" both in the public version and viewing the page through "my shop" office in the back office, and in both Firefox and Chrome.

But I'll dive into the developer guide.

Thanks.

Oh boy! And Yippee!  That works and now I can see the modules' involvement.

Thanks for saving me eternities of search time!

Between this tip and your BoZoom, you have improved my productivity immeasurably.

another way is to use live edit to view module positions but be careful with live edit use only for view if you want to use as edit do full back up as sometimes it can cause issue.  Happy you are loyal customer of BoZoom. :)