W3 html validation: Bad value for attribute rel on element a

mikewra

Hi, I'm using Prestashop v.1.6.0.9, the default-bootstrap theme. I've gotten almost all pages to validate on validator.w3.org. The exceptions are the pages that display multiple products within a category.

For instance, on this page, http://packsofsnacks.com/13-nutrition-bars, I get 13 errors of the sort: "Bad value 3 for attribute rel on element a: The string 3 is not a registered keyword."  Additionally, I get a duplicate ID error: Duplicate ID nb_item.

Not a big deal to me, but if there's an easy fix for this, I'd like to have the whole site validate cleanly.  I've done a lot of searching but have come up empty on this problem.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

You are never going to get it to validate without rewriting the whole add to cart process.

Yikes.  Thanks for the heads up.  Those pages will just have to suffer the indignity of not being validated (they render and work just fine though).

Validation is not really an issue. Especially the invalid elements in those pages, they are not a display issue, they are just using the rel to associate a combination with the product. I would not lose sleep about it, it won't affect your ranking or anything by not having valid code.