Cant install modules?

Im trying to install modules but it doesnt work, both from ps back office, and manually from the catalog, what could be wrong here?

i get this message with one of the modules

Warning: require(/hermes/web09/b2452/moo.artin1986/prestashop/classes/rating/_drawrating.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web09/b2452/moo.artin1986/prestashop/classes/Module.php(325) : eval()‘d code on line 3

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/hermes/web09/b2452/moo.artin1986/prestashop/classes/rating/_drawrating.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.1/lib/php’) in /hermes/web09/b2452/moo.artin1986/prestashop/classes/Module.php(325) : eval()‘d code on line 3

and then another one says that i should contact my host,

what could be the reason so u cant install a module, everything else is fine!

well i changed that, and now it says

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /hermes/web09/b2452/moo.artin1986/prestashop/classes/Module.php(325) : eval()'d code on line 1

i cant install any module right now? everything else works fine, i just cant install, i tryied different modules too! do u guys have any suggestions?

There must be a ? where it shouldn't be in one of the modules you uploaded. You won't be able to install any modules until you fix the issue or delete the module with the error. Try moving your modules one by one to a separate directory like modules2 on the server, or if you don't know how to do that, try deleting the modules off your server and then upload them one by one, checking whether the error message appears after uploading each module. Once the error message appears, you will know it is the last module you uploaded that is causing the problem.

this worked for me fine when i was on godaddy, i installed everything the same way. now im on fatcow hosting and it seems to be something different,

i talked to the host and they said that all folders have to be on 755 and files on 644, could that be a problem?

could permission be a problem for this, cause i could install it manually on my other host, thx

I don't think a permissions problem would create a parse error in Modules.php. The original error you posted was caused was by a coding error, not by a permissions problem. You'll need to figure out what change to the code of the default modules caused the parse error. You'll need to check the modules you have installed that don't come with Prestashop by default too. What other error messages are there?

EDIT: I just got a hunch that maybe you accidentally modified the first line of productratings.php. Make sure that it is <?php and not just ?php as that might cause the error you are seeing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
well i changed that, and now it says

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /hermes/web09/b2452/moo.artin1986/prestashop/classes/Module.php(325) : eval()'d code on line 1

i cant install any module right now? everything else works fine, i just cant install, i tryied different modules too! do u guys have any suggestions?

The module is incompatible with your presta version. Download the notepad++ software, open the php module file, and convert to uft8 without bom. Save and upload again. This solve the problem

• 1 month later...

Hello guys!

This problem has been a pain and I'm sure there's a simple answer. I viewed your posts and followed along.
I tried to upload the following links to the module page in the admin area (backend) by using the url and by downloading the modules and uploading.

http://spaceforaname.com/galleryview
http://www.prestashop.com/?ACT=29&fid=22&aid=9272_nV6aWF5CPXb6edXkBfEH&board_id=1 (Google Maps)
http://www.ecartservice.net/06122008/smoothgallery-prestashop-featured-products/

The Prestashop Module page says everything was uploaded successfully, but cannot find the new blocks. Then I refreshed the page - nothing. I then went to my file manager in the cpanel, uploaded and extractracted the .zip files. Reload and voila! Nothing!

I finally went back in and changed the files to utr-8 (don't remember exact name). Reload refresh rechecked - still nothing!
What am I doing wrong here? I see it did work for someone. Congrats! ;)

My version of Prestashop is Version 1.2.5.0 - 0.456s
and the URL of the site is http://www.amazingthaibeauty.com

I tried Presta Support and they sent me here. Any help or advice you can offer will help me stop pulling out my hair! hahaha

Thanks in advance!

Helena Jackson

• 1 month later...

Hi did you get any help over this matter? im after downloading and extracting the module to the right directory but PS wont show it in the backroom, any ideas??