Accidentally Deleted Images in the Img P Folder Then Restored...

Hi Everyone

Earlier today we somehow managed to delete a bunch of images from within the Img P folder. Luckily I had a backup of the folder so simply copied the images back into the right place. File permissions and ownership are set correctly.

Unfortunately the question marks won't now disappear.

I've tried deleting the htaccess file and have turned the friendly url option off then back on but neither worked.

I tried regenerating thumbnails and that just got rid of the question marks and replaced it with the "no image" message, which I assume meant it got rid of the image link in the tables. I'm guessing this isn't what we wanted so I restored again to a backup (after we deleted the images) and put the images back into the img folder so now I have those pesky question marks again.

Can someone tell me what's going on?

Thanks

Nick

Images and products are linked in the ps_image table. The missing images are missing their own reference in this table. I tried adding one manually but it didn't fix the issue.

Does any have any easy suggestions before I have to revert back to a much earlier version of my store and start over?

Cheers

Nick

I reckon I already know the answer to this and will have to revert to an earlier backup I have. We'll just have to be more careful next time so we don't lose/disassociate images. Strange that it's a question mark when the link is missing in the table but I just don't understand the inner workings enough to decipher what's going on.

Deleting the images in /img/p would not effect your database, specifically it would not be enough to remove records from the ps_image* tables.  So I suspect you did something more that you have not stated.

I would suggest restoring your website and database using a full backup that you may have.

Hiya, it was actually my partner that did something when importing some product updates via PS admin area. I have no idea what but I've gone back to an earlier version so all is well. Luckily I've been using Store Manager so managed to export the categories I spent all day creating before restoring. So not too bad.

• 1 year later...