Friendly URL rewriting question

Radiology Products

I am not a programmer or web expert but I did get this site up with finalization help from a firm.  www.leadapronsinc.com

The site ranking is horrible after it has been up for a year.  My target is x-ray lead aprons for medical radiation protection. 

In my Pshop control panel under the SEo tab.  I am getting this message:  "URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server, or it is not possible to check your server configuration. If you want to use Friendly URLs, you must activate this mod."  My ISP www.bluehost.com said it is active.  What can I do to ensure this is indexing?

Also, I have not started a link building campaign due to my lack of knowledge on how to integrate them in the cpanel.  Any advise on where I can learn to do this for a novice? 

Thank you,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am using prestashop 1.6.0.11 and in the seo and url option when I enable the 'friendly urls' option all the images of products and catagories and every thing are turned into a question mark image.

I want to use friendly urls to improve my seo.

Help me with it.

You have no need to rewrite your post title if your server don't give any provision of change. Whenever you share a product or post on your just make it SEO friendly Url by your own .. This will help make your website ranking better.

Everything is working fine but 

I want to use /5-offer-page

instead of 

/index.php?id_cms=4&controller=cms

but when I do that all the images go Question marked.

I am not a programmer or web expert but I did get this site up with finalization help from a firm.  www.leadapronsinc.com

The site ranking is horrible after it has been up for a year.  My target is x-ray lead aprons for medical radiation protection. 

In my Pshop control panel under the SEo tab.  I am getting this message:  "URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server, or it is not possible to check your server configuration. If you want to use Friendly URLs, you must activate this mod."  My ISP www.bluehost.com said it is active.  What can I do to ensure this is indexing?

Also, I have not started a link building campaign due to my lack of knowledge on how to integrate them in the cpanel.  Any advise on where I can learn to do this for a novice? 

Thank you,

It may be issue regarding .htaccess and media folder permissions.

Also, you need to REGENERATE THUMBNAILS of shop images.

Under Preferences -> images section.

Thanks

have you found a solution for this? I have the same problem too

Thank you,

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I have the same problem with 1.6.0.14 (multi-stores)

url rewriting with enabled media server is not working.

If I use url rewriting with disabled media server all is working fine.

Somebody knows how we can use url rewriting with enabled media server?

Best regards

Marius

Edited by bu_marius (see edit history)