Add newsletter subscription form in a CMS page

guidoarata

Hi everybody. I suggested to my client to adopt Prestashop 1.6 for his e-shop but now I'm quite shoked: I've discovered that there is no way to add the Newsletter Signup Form into a CMS Page -.-' My customer needs to create a Page with some text, images and then the Newsletter Signup Form. They want to be able to share this page on social media, DEM, etc. So they need this page specific for Newsletter Signup. And, hey, 90% of professional ecommerces will need this.

So, my question is: I'm gonna stop complaining about this lack, but how can I solve this? I've read that I've to create a sort of custom hook, but I haven't found any clear and precise guide... Can you please dive me into how to solve and add a Signup Newsletter Form into a CMS Page?

Thanks

I believe you'll have best luck using something like the displayHome hook, but I'm not sure offhand whether that displays above or below the content like you need.

Anyhow, to add a new hook to a module, find one of the existing hooks functions within the newsletter block module, like hookDisplayLeftColumn ..  you'll generally find that one of them is the 'master' hook, and has the actual code in it, whereas the others just then call in the master hook, you'll either

a) want to copy one of those to keep the code nice and central

or

b ) copy the master and rewrite it if you're making it customised to your store

The naming format is always hook(Name of hook with first letter capitalised)

Once the new hook is added, you need to go to module -> positions in the back office, and there you can transplant a new one in, find the newsletter block module, set it to the hook you want, and then in the list below, set it to only show on the sections you need, like cms

Hope that helps anyhow, if you're creating a completely new hook, it's a little more involved, the only way I know of at the moment involves changing the database manually, so maybe someone else would be able to advise of a better way in that regard

Edited by FullCircles (see edit history)