Regarding blocklayered module problems

Hello,

So I've been playing around with blocklayered module for like two months and what I can say is that it even does not work on default PrestaShop which is newly installed. As always PrestaShop creates and leaves bugs for months even if not years as this blocklayered module is not working in some particular cases:

1. Multistore functionality cannot index attributes and features correctly (forum topic: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/329196-solved-multistore-problem-blocklayered-module/) Forge Report: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-2754 (bug not fixed since May this year).
  2. Paginaton of the module does not work in two separate cases:

First of all, if I select and unselect filter value, the pagination does not remove my last unselect and leaves the last filter query in link.

Secondly, in some cases the filter pagination does even add to new filter selections and also show the last filter pagination query
  3. On page reload, pagination is blank - without filters selected even if they are in the URL.
  4. CRONS magically do not work if they are called trough crontab using curl. When I click them manually, they usually just work fine and index everything.

I've seen a lot of forum topics and forge reports regarding 2,3 tasks, but most of them did not solve anything. I've also attached images of blocklayered installed to 1.6.0.9 and blocklayered updated to newest version in order to show pagination problems.

I would like to know if someone from PrestaShop team could respond to me with exactly working fixes and explanation why this module is at all added by default, but not tested and not working for like more than half year.

In addition, maybe someone has solutions for all of these issues, but working ones as I have just tred most of the bug fixes in forum regarding PrestaShop and none of them helped. Could we maybe create a topic here for FAQ regarding this module as it is a pain for all of us.

post-248964-0-27056900-1418736392_thumb.png

post-248964-0-24013800-1418736393_thumb.png

Edited by Richard S (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Some additional problems which:

4) when using administration with multistore it does not select the right attributes and features in backoffice when creating template. All shops features and attributes are shown which makes it difficult to enable the right ones

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to ask other community members if they are not facing any problems with this module? am I the only one having these issues because as far as I can see most  of PrestaShop projects which are using this module and its variations have at least one of my mentioned problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have less problems than you.
Blocklayered works properly when I select filters. I have a correct selection of products on Catgeory Page. But, if I go to a Product then go back to Category Page, the previous selection disappears.

Help ! :-D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We also got problems with last releases of this module in Prestashop 1.6.0.14

For instance using Blocklayered v2.0.13, the filters are working correctly but it looks like the module is statefull or has some cache problem : we experienced following problem as soon as we have concurrent users: the cat_products variable that is updated by the blocklayered hook, contains some products that are not associated with current category (wrong products in wrong category). All categories browsed by a concurrent user is listing the same products. As soon as we disable the blocklayered module everything is going fine.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I had a problem with filters selection which sometimes disappeared when I went to another page (Product Page and back to Category Page, or only another page of the category page displaying more products)
Pete78's solution fixed the problem for the features I created and displayed in Blocklayered, but I still have the problem with Manufacturer and Price Filters. Strange...

Any idea ?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hello, another weird problem to mention. I run a multistore and layer nav module seems to reveal show products in wrong categories! When i disable the module, products appear only when they have to. Havent found anything similar mentioned so far, any hints more than welcome

• 1 year later...
On 16/08/2015 at 2:11 PM, Florent said:

Hello,

I had a problem with filters selection which sometimes disappeared when I went to another page (Product Page and back to Category Page, or only another page of the category page displaying more products)
Pete78's solution fixed the problem for the features I created and displayed in Blocklayered, but I still have the problem with Manufacturer and Price Filters. Strange...

Any idea ?

Thanks

Hello,

I have the same problem, have you found a solution?

Thanks