Memcached and MariaDB

n_s_simpson

Hi everyone, well I'm now getting close to launching my Prestashop so have moved it to a dedicated VPS (DigitalOcean). Everything seems to be going well until I tried enhancing the shop's performance.

Firstly I tried installing APC until I found out that it's no longer supported on PHP 5.5 so I reverted back to an earlier backup of my site rather than uninstalling it.

Now I've been trying for hours to get Memcached to work but whenever it's activated pages struggle or simply don't load.

I have just read that memcached perhaps doesn't work with MariaDB. Is this true? If so, how do I uninstall Memcached (and memcache?) since I don't now have a recent image I can revert to?

I use Apache2 so I assume that XCache is also out of the question.

So with my setup should I choose the only remaining caching system option - File System?

If anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears. :-)

Cheers

Nick

Okay, I've managed to revert to an earlier image so no need to worry about unstalling memcache and memcached.

However, I would like to know if I'm correct in thinking that these features can't be taken advantage of with my current setup. If so, what advice would you give me?

Cheers

Nick