Is there any way or module to move combination to Special

Ben90

Hi guys, is there any module (paid or free) or maybe some way to do the things like this:

* I have 1 product with many sizes

* On 1 particular week, I want to make maybe 3 of 8 sizes on "specials"

* "Specials" is another product category

* That 3 particular items move to the "special" page, but on the product page still shown these combination with the special price

What currently running on here is double pricing:

- on the normal product page, it has all of the combination with regular prices

- on special page, it has some of the combination with special prices

Anybody has the solution for this? Or maybe recommended module that really can help with this?

Thanks.

Not sure what you are doing.

Do you copy them to that special category?

And are you sure you emptied your cache before checking?

Sounds like he's trying to offer a price drop on SOME (not all) combinations of a product.

Exactly like what BarryH said. I wanna choose some combinations for price drop. Maybe you guys know any module for this? Maybe a simple change of code can't solve this I reckon  :unsure:

Why do you need a module for offering a price drop on some combinations when you can do that also without a module?

The thing is, that combination with the price drop, I wanna move them to another categories called "special" or "clearance".

For example:

Shirt: blue, red, yellow

At this week, red is on clearance, therefore:

Red copied to another category called "clearance"

While the original product with: blue, red, yellow = red marked as clearance

Well, it's possible just to create a duplicate & put the new shirt to "clearance" category. That means I need to delete the "red" which is on clearance, otherwise it gonna be double pricing, since there's no function to enable or disable the combination.

When I wanna move it back from clearance, I need to recreate that combination again. Seems troublesome, right?  :unsure:

Seems to me one of the weaker aspects of Prestashop (even though Prestashop is way better than some I've seen): the ability to handle combination products just like non-combination products.

- You (and I) would like the ability to independently add certain combinations to the Special/Price Drop block just like a non-combination product.

- I'd also like the ability to selectively enable/disable certain product combinations just like a non-combination product. I don't want to show a specific combination as even being available if it's not (just bad retail form) but I sure don't want to have to add/remove that combination every time product availability changes. It's also much easier to create all 100 product combinations and then turn them on/off as I stock them or not.

- For that matter, the ability to add a specific combination product to the HomeFeatured module would also be useful. I sell fishing tackle and there are certain times that a particular color of a specific bait is THE ticket. It would be nice to be able to highlight that item.

Seems to me one of the weaker aspects of Prestashop (even though Prestashop is way better than some I've seen): the ability to handle combination products just like non-combination products.

- You (and I) would like the ability to independently add certain combinations to the Special/Price Drop block just like a non-combination product.

- I'd also like the ability to selectively enable/disable certain product combinations just like a non-combination product. I don't want to show a specific combination as even being available if it's not (just bad retail form) but I sure don't want to have to add/remove that combination every time product availability changes. It's also much easier to create all 100 product combinations and then turn them on/off as I stock them or not.

- For that matter, the ability to add a specific combination product to the HomeFeatured module would also be useful. I sell fishing tackle and there are certain times that a particular color of a specific bait is THE ticket. It would be nice to be able to highlight that item.

Exactly, bro!

I agree with Barry that Prestashop's options for combinations are (too) limited. However, Prestashop does provide the option to declare a discount for just one combination of a product.

Yeah if it's only a discount for 1 or all combinations, it's fine. I know that we can even set the different discount for each combinations. But it's not working for the particular purpose as me & Barry mentioned.

So, I guess there's no way or module for this function...   :wacko: